YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Defense

<< < (2/7) > >>

The YO Show:
I am giving monty the benefit of the doubt as well. You are not alone. This is not to say I don't think we are having issues offensively, but I don't put that blame on Monty.

IAA Fan:
I really think we need to get to work up front. We are not breaking Ruiz free and to do that we need at least 1 or 2 more steps forward after the snap. Ruiz is not the outside threat, but I trust his vision and he is not seeing much this year.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 04, 2015, 10:14:50 PM ---I really think we need to get to work up front. We are not breaking Ruiz free and to do that we need at least 1 or 2 more steps forward after the snap. Ruiz is not the outside threat, but I trust his vision and he is not seeing much this year.

--- End quote ---

I disagree.  Whenever we play a team with a good defense we cannot move the ball on them.  Do we have some outlier explosive plays, yes, but when facing good teams with this offense we lose two major stats.......TOP, and 3rd down conversions.  I have watched this pattern for 5 + years now.  Why, because against good teams we don't control the LOS and our running game gets shut down.  We were not able to run between the tackles on Pitt, and they played a base defense the entire game.  When Pitt needed to stop us, a light blitz folded the OL like a house of cards. 

ysubigred:
Dan your love affair with Monty is scary  :-\ Are you sure he's not related to you ;) FYI: he's not that good, be he's all we got  8)

HappyPenguin:
We won't be a great offense any time soon. Wells doesn't go through a progression of any sort on the majority of plays. I payed attention to this on the TV broadcast just to confirm what I have seen in person at the first 3 games.

Unless this changes I expect the low completion percentage will continue.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version