YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Defense

(1/7) > >>

penguinpower:
The defense is for real and they are playing like title contenders.  Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offensive play calling is horrible and we could have won by 70 if Montgomery wasn't calling the plays

IAA Fan:
Broken record. He is the OC ...deal with it. I think he is fantastic. There is unquestionably no other team, at the I-AA/FCS level with this high-end caliber of OC.

Start talking constructive criticisms of the offense:

1. Wells has been less than stellar and may never be any better.
2. O line is just too inexperienced (and lacks depth).
3. We do not have a DI big back ...sorry, but a TE is a TE is a TE. I liked the two-back look today, but not certain if we have enough beef for the xDSU's, UNI, and SIU.

Penguin Nation:
A win is always awesome, esp a win in the MVFC.....but look at these stats from last season....

http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/14/team-all.pdf

Wells was picked off twice by the leagues worst team in INT.  USD has the worst D in the MVFC...and its not even close....and they froze out our offense after the first quarter.  The late TDs were due to opportunities from the D and special teams.

We put up 37 points and 400 yards on Pitt....hopefully the high snaps, dropped passes, procedural penalties are fixed before ISUr.

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on October 03, 2015, 09:07:57 PM ---Broken record. He is the OC ...deal with it. I think he is fantastic. There is unquestionably no other team, at the I-AA/FCS level with this high-end caliber of OC.

Start talking constructive criticisms of the offense:

1. Wells has been less than stellar and may never be any better.
2. O line is just too inexperienced (and lacks depth).
3. We do not have a DI big back ...sorry, but a TE is a TE is a TE. I liked the two-back look today, but not certain if we have enough beef for the xDSU's, UNI, and SIU.

--- End quote ---

You are alone in thinking he is fantastic. I just don't get it 1-AA fan.... How? Defense is great!!

IAA Fan:
I really do not care if I am alone. The bottom line is this. He is qualified beyond belief at this level. His offense is very high-powered and very explosive (quick-striking). In short, he can put a lot of points up on the board ...real quick.

-This is not a traditional YSU offense, no smash-mouth here. So I can truly understand why there is a love-hate relationship with the fans. However, is it any different then fans dealing with Bo's personality (which we were led to believe is loud and passionate) all of us were saying that it is okay ...as long as he wins. Coach M wants to win as well and his offenses were not completely stopped yesterday, nor any game this season. In fact, I can only think of 1 or 2 games where we were stopped on offense since coach M took over.

-Coach M's offense is still run-based and requires a great deal from the QB and the front line. Most teams cannot stop it, they can just "manage" it. Pitt stopped it at first, then they just tried to contain it & concentrated on putting up more points than we could.  However, if you are going to stop it, you need to break down our front & "blow it up"; we saw this happen at Pitt, RMU and yesterday.

-I would point back to coach Tressel and the most repetitive & predictable offenses. The only change-up was off-tackle left, as opposed to off-tackle right.

-We should all be impressed with how our defense has been able to adapt to the new system, especially when you consider how our systematic our offense is.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version