YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota - In Game

<< < (12/14) > >>

ScarletRook:
 You are correct Wick, but no discredit to Bell.  Good evidence why 2 deep need game time experience.
On any given play the may become the starter.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on October 04, 2015, 12:10:30 AM ---A four touchdown victory in a league game on the road.  Certainly the largest margin of victory in a stinkin' dome in our history.  Reading these comments, I guess I should be angry.  Why am I happy this evening.

As Scarlet just noted, playing without your starting center can mess up everything on that o-line.  We not only missed reads but also had numerous high snaps.  Many running plays had the timing blown up by such snaps.

Keep in mind that Williams dropped a long, sure-fire touchdown pass and we dropped a sure-fire pick six again.  The score could easily have been 45-10 (remember South Dakota dropped a touchdown pass on the first series.)

--- End quote ---

Wick,

If we don't get the OL fixed we will not beat the best teams in the league. Our 3 receivers are getting very little separation and the QB has plateaued.  Play calling has been poor at best. We left 50 points on the table.  We won't be able to do that against the best and win.  Also concerned about LB play and QB containment.  If we play a mobile QB we will need to pray that we knock him out of the game.  Next week may prove my point.  I hope we were holding back, but too many signs say we weren't.  Love everything I see on DL and DB's.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Some of the anger on here towards the Offense, Montgomery, and Wells is just ridiculous. A few numbers to digest in Virginia Tech's latest loss to Pitt. Rushing 33 carries 9 yards/passing 9/20 for 91 yards and 3 int's. The bottom line is we do have a very explosive offense that can put up points. It nice to know we have a strong defense that can pick them up when struggling. That wasn't the case last season. Does anyone remember the 1st half of the Illinois St. game from a year ago and then the second half?

go guins:
We're in SC on vacation and so forced to listen to game on WKBN.  Then read this blog this morning.  Wasn't sure I was on YSU blog or SDU blog.  Can't tell if we won or lost reading posts.  Won by FOUR, yes FOUR touchdowns, on the road, in MVFC, in a dome!!  Lighten up, this team has some real talent.  Not great, but definitely deeper than in Wolford years.  Look at 2nd half and 4 qtr scoring vs Wolford years, (and I didn't down here, but my perception is definitely better)

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: go guins on October 04, 2015, 08:30:17 AM ---We're in SC on vacation and so forced to listen to game on WKBN.  Then read this blog this morning.  Wasn't sure I was on YSU blog or SDU blog.  Can't tell if we won or lost reading posts.  Won by FOUR, yes FOUR touchdowns, on the road, in MVFC, in a dome!!  Lighten up, this team has some real talent.  Not great, but definitely deeper than in Wolford years.  Look at 2nd half and 4 qtr scoring vs Wolford years, (and I didn't down here, but my perception is definitely better)

--- End quote ---
Where are the haters at after that performance???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version