YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

South Dakota - In Game

<< < (11/14) > >>

DavedS:

--- Quote from: seanbryan3 on October 03, 2015, 06:39:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on October 03, 2015, 06:36:04 PM ---The offense needs to clean it up, but lets be happy here. The defense is looking great! And we beat a team that is trending up, that we usually struggle against, by a large margin. Starting conference play 1-0 is nice.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely! A win is a win. And you have to be happy with the Defense for sure.. Only allowing 3 points, and should have been a goose egg.

--- End quote ---
Totally agree a win is a win and defense has been our weakness for years--last 2 games should've been goose eggs--glad to see you are still following the 'Guins.

ysufan0505:
After watching the game. USD is still bad, very long way to go... Also, that broadcast made me feel like I was in the 80's!!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on October 03, 2015, 10:13:40 PM ---After watching the game. USD is still bad, very long way to go... Also, that broadcast made me feel like I was in the 80's!!

--- End quote ---
It looked like the broadcast was shot in black and white first before being colorized. It reminded me of that piece of cheap plastic that was put in front of the black and white TV pretending to turn it into a color TV. It was awful.

ScarletRook:
As far as the O-line:  I think Matt Bell missed some reads, but that happens with a back-up center that hasn't had playing time (or any player).  Also had a new LT the whole game. I know the starting D was upset about missing two shutouts in a row, but I think playing your two deep is important.  USD threat was nearly non-existent in the 2nd half.  Any word on why Strickland didn't play? 

Wick250:
A four touchdown victory in a league game on the road.  Certainly the largest margin of victory in a stinkin' dome in our history.  Reading these comments, I guess I should be angry.  Why am I happy this evening.

As Scarlet just noted, playing without your starting center can mess up everything on that o-line.  We not only missed reads but also had numerous high snaps.  Many running plays had the timing blown up by such snaps.

Keep in mind that Williams dropped a long, sure-fire touchdown pass and we dropped a sure-fire pick six again.  The score could easily have been 45-10 (remember South Dakota dropped a touchdown pass on the first series.) 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version