YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Conference Play

<< < (2/2)

ScarletRook:

--- Quote ---Very good points!
We played most of the games very competitively during the whole Wolford era, but we always seemed to find a way to lose in the 4th quarter.   We need a better conditioned team, more depth and a coaching staff that goes for the win, not to trying to prevent a loss. 
Let’s hope that’s what Bo brings.

--- End quote ---

I believe that more depth, that is more developed depth, would go a long way as the season wears on.
I understand consistency with starters, but an opponent like SFU would have been the prime opportunity to play your depth sooner.  It always bothers me to risk injury to key players when the game is out of hand.  It would be a good opportunity to work on clock management in games similar to last week.  Special teams is still suspect at times.

go guins:
I believe that more depth, that is more developed depth, would go a long way as the season wears on.
I understand consistency with starters, but an opponent like SFU would have been the prime opportunity to play your depth sooner.  It always bothers me to risk injury to key players when the game is out of hand.  It would be a good opportunity to work on clock management in games similar to last week.  Special teams is still suspect at times.
[/quote]

Developed depth is absolutely correct.  Ya' gotta play 'em to get them ready.  Looking at the starters, we have a TON of juniors, so ok for a year, but we have work to do to statain a quality team.
The older I get, the more special teams make me nervous.  I love scoring, but hate kicking off! 

ysuguins4:
First week of conference play leads off with two big-time matchups, NDSU vs SDSU and UNI vs ILS.

go guins:
Still hard to figure out who has what, but apparently Robert Morris was pretty true to form for to 2015 team
Saturday vs SDSU
                               att.  yds   ave.
Rush Totals...            38  236    6.0

And the QB was about as bad as we saw in the rain.
                          comp att int    yds.
BARR, Mathew           4-12-0     43

RMU lost convincingly, but that run game that gave us some real trouble looks to be "for real".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version