YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU @ South Dakota: 10/03 3 pm

<< < (7/11) > >>

ScarletRook:
Hahaha....forecast went from 10% chance of rain on Saturday to 80%
Dumb clouds forgot it was an away game this weekend.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 29, 2015, 10:22:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blo Pelini on September 29, 2015, 02:00:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on September 28, 2015, 07:59:03 PM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on September 27, 2015, 08:08:36 PM ---Bo has coached in the NFL, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10. I really doubt that with his experience he is going to have issues figuring out the MVC

--- End quote ---

he had issues stopping RMU from running the ball. you left out the part where he got FIRED from all those jobs as well

--- End quote ---

Going back to his days at Nebraska, Bo's scheme can produce epic meltdowns defensively.  So, regardless of what level of sports he coaches, good coaches can beat his schemes, and it happens over-and-over again.

Here is a chart a Nebraska buddy sent me about Bo's defenses in some games and how they rank in the HISTORY of Nebraska football.  Not reassuring...

--- End quote ---

I guess you have to be a Nebraska fan to get. Never have been ...never will be. Kind of a stupid graphic ...very childish. "Led to flu shots". "Killed program, beginning of franks demise" "A devastating, groundbreaking loss"?  FYI, that is the first time I ever saw the word "groundbreaking" used in a negative fashion. You break ground to build something ...not usually a negative event.

How about this. Never lost more than 4 games in a season, and only more than 3 regular season games once. That is is a .713 winning percentage. Made the AP top-15 every year after 2008. You should also note he the was the DC in the LSU national championship team of 2007. He is a successful P5 coach and we are lucky to have him. He will be happier here and yes he may leave very soon ... he may not, He may work out ... he may not.  He handled his first radio show well & I would have killed to be there in person. At the end of the day, he is doing what is best for our team and program and has my support. If and when he does something to change my mind about him ...I will let you know.

As for you ... if you are a Nebraska fan; we are not the board for you as we could give a rat's a$$ about a team from Nebraska unless they are lining up against us. If you are a Penguin fan ...act like it. I could care less if Bo puts a headset on his cat ...as long as the person on the other end helps us win football games.

--- End quote ---

Massey predicts a 7 win season for NE...which may be optimistic after a 2-2 start.  BP never had less than a 9 win season...even his first season was a 9 win season with a bowl win...the second and third seasons were 10 win seasons.

So, I guess a 7 win season could be considered "groundbreaking"?

Penguin Nation:
http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/sep/30/domes-noise-location-test-ysu/

Blo Pelini:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 29, 2015, 10:22:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: Blo Pelini on September 29, 2015, 02:00:51 PM ---
--- Quote from: nova75 on September 27, 2015, 08:08:36 PM ---Bo has coached in the NFL, SEC, Big 12, and Big 10. I really doubt that with his experience he is going to have issues figuring out the MVC

--- End quote ---

he had issues stopping RMU from running the ball. you left out the part where he got FIRED from all those jobs as well

--- End quote ---

Going back to his days at Nebraska, Bo's scheme can produce epic meltdowns defensively.  So, regardless of what level of sports he coaches, good coaches can beat his schemes, and it happens over-and-over again.

Here is a chart a Nebraska buddy sent me about Bo's defenses in some games and how they rank in the HISTORY of Nebraska football.  Not reassuring...

--- End quote ---

I guess you have to be a Nebraska fan to get. Never have been ...never will be. Kind of a stupid graphic ...very childish. "Led to flu shots". "Killed program, beginning of franks demise" "A devastating, groundbreaking loss"?  FYI, that is the first time I ever saw the word "groundbreaking" used in a negative fashion. You break ground to build something ...not usually a negative event.

How about this. Never lost more than 4 games in a season, and only more than 3 regular season games once. That is is a .713 winning percentage. Made the AP top-15 every year after 2008. You should also note he the was the DC in the LSU national championship team of 2007. He is a successful P5 coach and we are lucky to have him. He will be happier here and yes he may leave very soon ... he may not, He may work out ... he may not.  He handled his first radio show well & I would have killed to be there in person. At the end of the day, he is doing what is best for our team and program and has my support. If and when he does something to change my mind about him ...I will let you know.

As for you ... if you are a Nebraska fan; we are not the board for you as we could give a rat's a$$ about a team from Nebraska unless they are lining up against us. If you are a Penguin fan ...act like it. I could care less if Bo puts a headset on his cat ...as long as the person on the other end helps us win football games.

--- End quote ---

I am a Guin fan.  Both parents attended YSU.  My roommate is a Nebraska fan.  So I have a unique perspective on Bo as OUR coach.

I think he will do a great job back in Youngstown.

PS-  Bo's teams never finished in the top 15, except maybe once, and the last few years were barely ranked.

k9_r:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

What? Pelini didn't get fired FROM ALL THOSE JOBS. He's been fired once and that happened last December, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version