YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

4 pm Saturday at the Castle: YSU versus STFU

<< < (8/12) > >>

Penguin Nation:
I really like Ricky Davis's mobility.  He adds a dimension and threat that Wells does not. Despite limited playing time, he is YSU's third leading rusher for the day.  YSU is strong and deep at QB, and loaded w/ offensive weapons at RB and WR and even TE. I really liked his flip into the endzone, even if the official and BP did not.  It's important to provide fans starving for a dominating team some red meat sometimes.

LeRoy Alexander was quiet, and where is Jalyn Powell? Did Powell see the field?

I agree about special teams.  STFU almost ran a return to the house.

Not a great test for the O line since the size differential was so significant.

Dickson didnt really play so STFU really had no shot against our D.

Other scores: what's up w/ TOSU? It was cool how JT was there after the first quarter and then was at YSU by our halftime.

What's up w/ Auburn?  Glad to see NE lose...again.....their stupidity is our gain.  No 9 win season this year.  IL torn up by NC...is WIU and Can't worse than I think?...both were steamrolled by IL.

In the MVFC, Misery state getting drilled by a Sun Belt school.  WIU playing #1 Coastal Carolina tough but time running out for them.

I still think 7-4/5-3...which is great for a MVFC school.  Good way to finish the OOC schedule.  The real season starts w/ the Yotes....and I think that game will take everything we got.

goodnews:
Can one assume that the defense including personnel will look different in conference play? I tend to think maybe not as they played to win at Pitt...  Just odd that these FBS players who saw extensive playing time in P5 conferences do not see the field?

Penguin Nation:
Here is Powell's Sparty bio:

"2014 SEASON (RED-SHIRT FRESHMAN): Saw action in nine games (Oregon, Eastern Michigan, Wyoming, Nebraska, Purdue, Michigan, Rutgers, Penn State, Baylor) to earn his first letter . . . finished the season with five tackles . . . played at safety during the regular season but moved to Star (weakside) linebacker during bowl practice . . . recorded a career-high three tackles vs. No. 4 Baylor in the win over the Bears in the 2015 Cotton Bowl Classic . . . also posted a solo stop at Oregon and had an assisted tackle vs. Eastern Michigan."

...and he is invisible at FCS YSU??

Moss's NE bio:

"Honors & Awards

Big Ten All-Freshman Team (BTN)
Redshirt freshman defensive end Avery Moss has been one of the breakout players of the 2013 season for the Blackshirts. The 6-3, 265-pound Moss is one of three defensive ends who have been disruptive to opposing quarterbacks, joining senior Jason Ankrah and sophomore Randy Gregory.

Moss played in all 12 games and made three starts. He finished the year with 36 total tackles, with eight tackles for loss and 4.5 sacks. His tackle for loss and sack totals each ranked third on the team. Moss added an interception return for a touchdown against Northwestern, and his six quarterback hurries were second only to Gregory among Nebraska players.

Moss earned freshman All-Big Ten honors from the Big Ten Network for his play this season. Moss is part of a young and talented Nebraska defensive line with seven underclassmen among the nine regulars on the front four this season."

......I think today is the first time he saw the field...and had his first two tackles as a Penguin.  What's up?

ValleyTalk:
Our Achilles heal the past five years... I know it is only PITT, RMU, and SFU, but still (right side is the visiting stats):

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 19, 2015, 09:09:35 PM ---Moss earned freshman All-Big Ten honors from the Big Ten Network for his play this season. Moss is part of a young and talented Nebraska defensive line with seven underclassmen among the nine regulars on the front four this season."

......I think today is the first time he saw the field...and had his first two tackles as a Penguin.  What's up?

--- End quote ---

I believe that he has been nursing some minor stuff, should see more of him

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version