YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

4 pm Saturday at the Castle: YSU versus STFU

<< < (4/12) > >>

go guins:

I seen those stats, and laughed at the non-educated arm chair QBs on here :o

I've been saying it for 5 years now. The Defense is getting killed by YSU "O" ~ 3 and outs or score in 1 minute. BAM! Defense back out on the field. With Monty's offense over the last 5 years YSU really look great for a half/QTR or against sub-par teams. No one paid attention to the defense and the depth that it requires to play that side of the ball in a conference that plays 4 QTR's. Last week showed what a well-coached team can do to this Offense coordinator's game plan with less talent. The weather played some role in the bad team performance but come on man!

The issue for me is a ~60 scholarship team can't do a 84 yard drive in the 4th quarter while knowing fully that they can pass against a 24 scholarship team  :-\
[/quote]

Ya' seen 'em, did ya?
TOP was 26-33 YSU, so not sure your score too quick or 3 and out argument holds much water. (14 play 77 yards is the numbers on the long drive) The YSU drive immediately before the afore mentioned drive was 8 plays for a FG attempt, so scoring too quick or 3 and out wasn't part of that scenario.
If I use your “good coaching” vs Monty, what do I make of this us scoring as follows:
Pitt 37
Western Ill 24
Southern Ill 26
South Dakota S 30
South Dakota 28
Indiana State 24 
North Dakota State 14 (National Champion)
They all have bad coaches? 

penguinpower:
I am now confused.

ysufan0505:
Where has this thread gone?... Lol

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on September 16, 2015, 01:07:13 PM ---Where has this thread gone?... Lol

--- End quote ---
Sorry, got lead astray by one of what I sincerely hope isn't a fellow alumnus!  He is apparently blaming Monty for last Saturday's humiliating loss.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 16, 2015, 01:36:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on September 16, 2015, 01:07:13 PM ---Where has this thread gone?... Lol

--- End quote ---
Sorry, got lead astray by one of what I sincerely hope isn't a fellow alumnus!  He is apparently blaming Monty for last Saturday's humiliating loss.

--- End quote ---

We have issues on both sides of the ball and special teams.  Most of the issues are correctable according to the coaching staff.  Pelini said that we aren't "finishing"  I take that as we don't have killer instinct.  Either way we allowed a lower level team to run nearly the entire field on us in the 4th quarter and they have a lot less scholarships and we have been having issues on the OL where we are not protecting well and we are not opening up second level holes (and sometimes we aren't opening up first level).  And we are missing FG's and punting inconsistently.  Not Good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version