YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

New East Side Press Box

<< < (2/5) > >>

ysuseasonticket:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on September 15, 2015, 09:42:47 AM ---I like the idea because it looks like a D6 little dinky press box over there right now but I would first like them to add more seating on that side. I understand, with our low attendance that has to improve but it just looks so mismatched with the west side seating so many.

--- End quote ---

The idea last year was to just enlarge the eastside broadcast booth from two small ones to one larger one, I do like this new concept much better by making it a lot bigger to accommodate both television and the press. That might help with your mismatch problem ysufan0505.

Myself, I'd rather see additional seating in the north end zone if it would ever happen, it would make the Ice Castle feel and look more enclosed.

SoupCity:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 15, 2015, 12:17:18 PM ---In that article, Strollo admits we dont play Kent or Akron in football because he is "stubborn" (his own words) regarding the stipulation that if we play them it is a home and home game and not a one off game.

--- End quote ---
I noticed that as well.  My 2 cents worth.....play them in their building.  Who cares?  Make them pay what they are paying other schools and it is like a home game financially.  Can't cost all that much to travel to either place, right?

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: SoupCity on September 15, 2015, 01:08:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 15, 2015, 12:17:18 PM ---In that article, Strollo admits we dont play Kent or Akron in football because he is "stubborn" (his own words) regarding the stipulation that if we play them it is a home and home game and not a one off game.

--- End quote ---
I noticed that as well.  My 2 cents worth.....play them in their building.  Who cares?  Make them pay what they are paying other schools and it is like a home game financially.  Can't cost all that much to travel to either place, right?

--- End quote ---

Can't is paying Kennesaw $315K (!) to play there. We are only getting $400k from Pitt. We don't expect any other FBS team to play a home and home. It may be difficult to keep getting P5 games ( Pitt may follow the FCS ban that the BIG and now WVU have), and we may have to resort to G5 OOC games. Strollo is an absolute moron.  These games would be a win for YSU from every angle.

go guins:
 Nope, home and home.  I finally agree with Strollo on something!  Both Akron and Kent think there "stuff" doesn't stink.  Well, as long as they are fudging ticket sales etc. to even stay in D-1 they can go pound salt IMO.  Look at what Michigan State is doing.  Home and home with MAC schools.  Good enough for the Big 10, good enough for high and mighty Akron and Kent!  Bet it would be their biggest attendance games of the season.

The YO Show:
Interesting enough, I work with alot of U of A grads because I work in Akron. They gave free season tickets to graduates and they still have no attendance for football lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version