YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

New East Side Press Box

(1/5) > >>

ValleyTalk:
Per Scalzo:
http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/sep/15/stambaugh-stadium-strollo-upgrade-would-

ysufan0505:
I like the idea because it looks like a D6 little dinky press box over there right now but I would first like them to add more seating on that side. I understand, with our low attendance that has to improve but it just looks so mismatched with the west side seating so many.

ysufan0505:
Scalzo leaving fyi....

Joe Scalzo ‏@JoeScalzo1  7m7 minutes ago

Since the news is leaking out, I'm happy to say I'll be joining @CantonRepdotcom on Oct. 5. It's been an amazing 14 years, Youngstown.

go guins:
The current East "press box" if that is what you call it, isn't as nice as Jackson-Milton High School for crying out loud!  This joke needs fixed!! This isn't a moment too soon IMO!

The YO Show:
Sad to see Scalzo go. I enjoyed his articles. Wish him the best of luck, and I wonder who is going to cover the Penguins for the Vindicator now?

In that article, Strollo admits we dont play Kent or Akron in football because he is "stubborn" (his own words) regarding the stipulation that if we play them it is a home and home game and not a one off game.

In his defense, he is right. Basically every other sport we have plays them in home and home series. Why should football be different? Still wish we did have those games. In any case, I pointed it out because it was interesting to me that it was included in the article. Also seems like we will not get that to happen anytime soon sadly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version