YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game Embarassment Thread

<< < (12/13) > >>

The YO Show:
Oh I fully agree. Im just telling you the vibe I got from the students. Many were cold too I'm sure. That being said, I was in the student section. I heard multiple groups grumble "I thought we were supposed to be good this year. We almost beat pitt." Before promptly leaving near the end of the 2nd quarter. Penguin fans can be a fickle fanbase (not directed at anybody on the forum)

go guins:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 15, 2015, 12:23:26 PM ---Oh I fully agree. Im just telling you the vibe I got from the students. Many were cold too I'm sure. That being said, I was in the student section. I heard multiple groups grumble "I thought we were supposed to be good this year. We almost beat pitt." Before promptly leaving near the end of the 2nd quarter. Penguin fans can be a fickle fanbase (not directed at anybody on the forum)

--- End quote ---

I guess you can call students fans, but to me the word fan comes from fanatic and you have to make something of a commitment for me to consider you a fanatic.  Buy apparel, YSU tents, flags, season tickets, tailgate passes, Penguin Club, come hours early to the lots, etc.  How many on the blog go home and watch the tape delay?  How many students do that?  I'll go with most and almost none.  Kids will be back if there is nothing better to do.  We'll all be there sun or rain.  We're the fans!

IAA Fan:
I thought attendance was amazing for the conditions ...just amazing. I walked in expecting to see a couple hundred standing in out of the rain. Well I did ...but there were many thousands already out in the seats. I am thinking that next week will be jammed.

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 15, 2015, 03:27:46 PM ---I thought attendance was amazing for the conditions ...just amazing. I walked in expecting to see a couple hundred standing in out of the rain. Well I did ...but there were many thousands already out in the seats. I am thinking that next week will be jammed.

--- End quote ---
  Didn't expect that crowd either. I took in the game with my grandson for his first penguin game and i was really impressed with the new lighting and video scoreboard . It  made for a nice game day atmosphere and that was in miserable conditions...can't wait till its nice. Looks like we might get lucky and the rain should hold off untill later in the evening

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 15, 2015, 03:27:46 PM ---I thought attendance was amazing for the conditions ...just amazing. I walked in expecting to see a couple hundred standing in out of the rain. Well I did ...but there were many thousands already out in the seats. I am thinking that next week will be jammed.

--- End quote ---
I ditto your thought 100%.  Would have loved to see the turnout if weather like this Saturday!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version