YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game Embarassment Thread

<< < (11/13) > >>

DavedS:
QB that game was indeed Denny Klembara--I believe years later he and Staubach had some type of contest against each other.I wasn't at the game but I remember that Ed O'Neill played in it.

The YO Show:
Sadly, go guins many penguin fans dont feel the same way. I will be there on saturday, im just hoping the energy the fanbase has doesnt fizzle because of last saturday. I do foresee a drop off among the students though. Many left at halftime on saturday (as alot usually do to be fair), but I heard many complaining about the team.

DavedS:
Hopefully they will use the game as a wake-up call--they definitely have the talent to make the playoffs but every game is liable to be a battle.Pitt was the toughest team that YSU will face this year and RMU was likely the weakest.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: DavedS on September 14, 2015, 06:39:50 PM ---Hopefully they will use the game as a wake-up call--they definitely have the talent to make the playoffs but every game is liable to be a battle.Pitt was the toughest team that YSU will face this year and RMU was likely the weakest.

--- End quote ---

If it does not rain on Saturday, Wells will do a better job throwing the ball. He had trouble throwing in the rain. I watched him last Saturday and he locked on to the one receiver the whole time during the play. He had difficulty in finding other receivers. The DB's and Safeties were watching his eyes. As a result, the receiver was having trouble getting separations from the defenders.

Receivers should have caught some of the balls. However, many of his passes were high. He could not throw the ball to Stubbs as if he were Andrew Williams. Additional experience might help to solve solve the problems.
I will be there this Saturday. Last Saturday, by half time, all the people around me have left.

go guins:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on September 14, 2015, 06:29:11 PM ---Sadly, go guins many penguin fans dont feel the same way. I will be there on saturday, im just hoping the energy the fanbase has doesnt fizzle because of last saturday. I do foresee a drop off among the students though. Many left at halftime on saturday (as alot usually do to be fair), but I heard many complaining about the team.

--- End quote ---
YO, this is not directed at you, but DAMN, we WON the game.  You have to play your worst game of the year sometime, and maybe we got ours out of the way and still got a W.  People leaving at the half were VERY WET and VERY COLD too!  That has to be taken into consideration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version