YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game Embarassment Thread

<< < (10/13) > >>

go guins:
Because someone on this blog says no other coach talked to Monty after the game doesn't make it so.  Now all the sudden there is dissension in the locker room?  Because some blogger says it’s so? 
We played really solid last week and lost, poorly this week and won.  If there are “no moral victories” in a loss, then there are no “moral losses” in a victory.  These are kids, kids with human coaches.  Wells played poorly, but made the big plays at the most critical times.  The receivers dropped a ton of passes they should have caught, but caught the most important one and the critical time.  This is my team, and I have supported them LONG before JT showed up to coach, much less be the Pres!  I’ve supported them through thick and thin, and if we are going to beat them into oblivion for not winning by enough, then I think I need some time away from you guys.
Looking forward to the rest of the season.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 14, 2015, 09:04:24 AM ---Because someone on this blog says no other coach talked to Monty after the game doesn't make it so.  Now all the sudden there is dissension in the locker room?  Because some blogger says it’s so? 
We played really solid last week and lost, poorly this week and won.  If there are “no moral victories” in a loss, then there are no “moral losses” in a victory.  These are kids, kids with human coaches.  Wells played poorly, but made the big plays at the most critical times.  The receivers dropped a ton of passes they should have caught, but caught the most important one and the critical time.  This is my team, and I have supported them LONG before JT showed up to coach, much less be the Pres!  I’ve supported them through thick and thin, and if we are going to beat them into oblivion for not winning by enough, then I think I need some time away from you guys.

--- End quote ---

A true voice of reason ^^ Thank you +1000000 ^^

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 14, 2015, 09:04:24 AM ---Because someone on this blog says no other coach talked to Monty after the game doesn't make it so.  Now all the sudden there is dissension in the locker room?  Because some blogger says it’s so? 

--- End quote ---
I always support this team, for better for worst. It started when I watched my first game in my Freshman year @ YSU in 1966 at Rayen Stadium.
I remembered the good time when we beated Villanova on the playoff game with Wilkens nailimg the FG after Goode's  4th down catch.
I also remembered the bad time when we lost to Cincinnati at home in the last play. Cincy was stopped at the goal line with time running out and no timeout. But Pat Naduzzi was called for delay of game by sitting on their player (at least according to the ref). The Ref stopped the clock and Cicny scored on the last play to win the game.
I think the players were having trouble throwing and catching the ball in the rain last Saturday. This could be the result of having good weather in August and early September. Going forward, they might have to start practicing during the rain and snow (it's coming).
Go Penguins.

go guins:
I always support this team, for better for worst. It started when I watched my first game in my Freshman year @ YSU in 1966 at Rayen Stadium.

I watched my first game as a freshman in the fall of 1967!  Our first quarter as YSU, (I believe you started on semesters as YU!)  Wish there was something nice to say about Rayen Stadium, oh wait, the seats were all close to the field!!  No nosebleed section at old Rayen Stadium! 
Did you go to the Jaws vs Staubach game at Rayen?

Double ET:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 14, 2015, 10:09:46 AM ---I always support this team, for better for worst. It started when I watched my first game in my Freshman year @ YSU in 1966 at Rayen Stadium.

I watched my first game as a freshman in the fall of 1967!  Our first quarter as YSU, (I believe you started on semesters as YU!)  Wish there was something nice to say about Rayen Stadium, oh wait, the seats were all close to the field!!  No nosebleed section at old Rayen Stadium! 
Did you go to the Jaws vs Staubach game at Rayen?

--- End quote ---

It is good to talk to another old timer. Yes, it was still the semester system. I believe we switched to Quarter system in either 67 or 68 when we became a State University.
I saw the Staubach game in the Rayen Stadium. However, i think the QB was Denny Kumbara (spelling) & not Jaws.. Both QBs had over 400+ yards passing that day.

I saw Jaws for the first time in Campbell (or Struther) Stadium. I remembered when Beede put him in as a running back, the other team screamed "option Pass". That play fooled no one...

Jaws replaced Denny in his Junior year. Go Penquins.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version