YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

In Game Embarassment Thread

<< < (8/13) > >>

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: YSU_Penguins17 on September 13, 2015, 03:47:57 PM ---Look I was as frustrated as everyone yesterday about the game. It was painstakingly ugly but sometimes you need to find a way to win. In the last couple seasons, we always griped about the inability to win a close game sans South Dakota State a season ago. I'm not saying we're really good or even good but we're not deplorable. A couple plays early on gave RMU momentum and they started getting confidence. We know how that is for an underdog, we were in that position a week ago. Saturday is another chance to get better and to go 2-1. If any of you forgot, Tressel's 99 team only beat Indiana (Pa.) 13-7 in 72 degrees and clear skies. Now I'm not saying we're going to go 12-3 and make the championship but let's relax and TRUST THE PROCESS.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this statement.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on September 13, 2015, 03:57:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSU_Penguins17 on September 13, 2015, 03:47:57 PM ---Look I was as frustrated as everyone yesterday about the game. It was painstakingly ugly but sometimes you need to find a way to win. In the last couple seasons, we always griped about the inability to win a close game sans South Dakota State a season ago. I'm not saying we're really good or even good but we're not deplorable. A couple plays early on gave RMU momentum and they started getting confidence. We know how that is for an underdog, we were in that position a week ago. Saturday is another chance to get better and to go 2-1. If any of you forgot, Tressel's 99 team only beat Indiana (Pa.) 13-7 in 72 degrees and clear skies. Now I'm not saying we're going to go 12-3 and make the championship but let's relax and TRUST THE PROCESS.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this statement.

--- End quote ---

I still remember that game. My wife got me the tickets on the East stand (by mistakes). I was sitting between the IUP fans in my YSU gear. I took in enough abuses to last me a life time. If I remember correctly, we started the freshman QB.

guinpen:

--- End quote ---

My memory is not the best but I recall that we had a real hard time with a southern team, North Alabama maybe, back in the day. We were really good and they were D2. Yesterdays game is not something to get all bent out of shape about.

Buddy:
Jeff Ryan was QB for YSU in 99

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Buddy on September 13, 2015, 06:10:57 PM ---Jeff Ryan was QB for YSU in 99

--- End quote ---
Thanks. I could not remember his name. He replaced Jerred Swick (spelling?) who was really fast. If I recall, his brother went on to play for Treseel at OSU When he became their HC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version