Author Topic: In Game Embarassment Thread  (Read 37788 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: In Game Embarassment Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2015, 01:16:11 PM »
If Monty is on the Hotseat.  Why keep him any longer?  I think this is BS.  We need TEAM! Not Dividers in the locker room.  This has been a problem through the Wolford years and needs to be stopped.  Whoever is soreading this garbage needs to be rid of as well.

93 is spreading rumors

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2015, 01:28:00 PM »
93 you just talk. First of all, I (as non-down player) can clap my hands and yell "go get em guys" any time I want up to the first QB clap. After that, the NCAA ruled that a defensive player off the line is able to clap for adjustments. Heck it was Dantonio and Pelini that started this "clapgate". A fan can (and should) clap continuously when they see a clapping QB. I might also add that it is the more the motion of the hands, that the center sees in order to snap the ball.

Secondly, coach P was not forced to keep coach M ...so again, if Pelini is acting like a child (which I do not believe he is) then he was a bad hire as head coach. Only time will tell if that is the case. As I said, Monty is a system guy, so if you do not like his system, I can understand ...just not agree; as I like his system. There are things that I would do differently, especially in my "big packages", but I am not the OC for YSU.

BTW: coach M has not led us to any win ...he is not a head coach. He has assisted in ever win and loss we have had over the past 5+ seasons ...including last year's win against Pitt. His offenses have twice scored over 40-points against NDSU in losing efforts & one of the 3 times they did not was a YSU win. This is the kind of person you ask for advice  ...not ignore like a character on "Monster High" or "Grease"

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2015, 02:46:28 PM »
There have been no media reports whatsoever about dissent in the coaching ranks or about other coaches not associating with Montgomery.  One poster started these rumors and some of you just assume that they are true.  Statements presented as fact must be documented with evidence or they are worth nothing.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2015, 03:10:25 PM »
There have been no media reports whatsoever about dissent in the coaching ranks or about other coaches not associating with Montgomery.  One poster started these rumors and some of you just assume that they are true.  Statements presented as fact must be documented with evidence or they are worth nothing.
93 has proven to be a troll looking to start trouble. He clearly has animosity toward Montgomery, for whatever the reason, and is trying to stir the pot up with baseless accusations. Why anyone on this board believes anything he has to stay leaves me scratching my head.

I've said it once and I will say it again, too many posts are emotionally driven on here. Sure we looked awful yesterday people, especially on offense, but we are 2 games into the damn season. We now have some quality evidence that Montgomery's offense struggles immensely in crappy weather conditions: SDSU and WIU (2 years ago) and RMU (yesterday). All hope is not lost.

Offline YSU_Penguins17

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2015, 03:47:57 PM »
Look I was as frustrated as everyone yesterday about the game. It was painstakingly ugly but sometimes you need to find a way to win. In the last couple seasons, we always griped about the inability to win a close game sans South Dakota State a season ago. I'm not saying we're really good or even good but we're not deplorable. A couple plays early on gave RMU momentum and they started getting confidence. We know how that is for an underdog, we were in that position a week ago. Saturday is another chance to get better and to go 2-1. If any of you forgot, Tressel's 99 team only beat Indiana (Pa.) 13-7 in 72 degrees and clear skies. Now I'm not saying we're going to go 12-3 and make the championship but let's relax and TRUST THE PROCESS.
"The Red and White are waving..."

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2015, 03:57:26 PM »
Look I was as frustrated as everyone yesterday about the game. It was painstakingly ugly but sometimes you need to find a way to win. In the last couple seasons, we always griped about the inability to win a close game sans South Dakota State a season ago. I'm not saying we're really good or even good but we're not deplorable. A couple plays early on gave RMU momentum and they started getting confidence. We know how that is for an underdog, we were in that position a week ago. Saturday is another chance to get better and to go 2-1. If any of you forgot, Tressel's 99 team only beat Indiana (Pa.) 13-7 in 72 degrees and clear skies. Now I'm not saying we're going to go 12-3 and make the championship but let's relax and TRUST THE PROCESS.

I agree with this statement.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2015, 05:41:03 PM »

I agree with this statement.

I still remember that game. My wife got me the tickets on the East stand (by mistakes). I was sitting between the IUP fans in my YSU gear. I took in enough abuses to last me a life time. If I remember correctly, we started the freshman QB.

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2015, 06:08:53 PM »

My memory is not the best but I recall that we had a real hard time with a southern team, North Alabama maybe, back in the day. We were really good and they were D2. Yesterdays game is not something to get all bent out of shape about.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2015, 06:10:57 PM »
Jeff Ryan was QB for YSU in 99

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2015, 07:15:07 PM »
Jeff Ryan was QB for YSU in 99
Thanks. I could not remember his name. He replaced Jerred Swick (spelling?) who was really fast. If I recall, his brother went on to play for Treseel at OSU When he became their HC.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2015, 07:53:24 PM »
Jeff was a junior in 99.  Tressel would play him Zwick and street as QB from time to time

ValleyTalk

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2015, 08:55:21 PM »

My memory is not the best but I recall that we had a real hard time with a southern team, North Alabama maybe, back in the day. We were really good and they were D2. Yesterdays game is not something to get all bent out of shape about.

I read about this one:
1990 - Year we went undefeated in regular season - We beat D2 Edinboro 31-27 in week 2 that season. Per the YSUSports.com article, "In 1990, YSU needed a touchdown with 72 seconds left to pull out the victory."

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2015, 09:02:10 PM »
I will reserve judgement until I see the game against St. Francis next week. A lot of things to work on, especially on offense.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2015, 09:51:15 PM »
I will reserve judgement until I see the game against St. Francis next week. A lot of things to work on, especially on offense.
I think we all should. Looking at the Akron box score  against Pitt the Zips only had 4 completions and 63 yards passing to go with 47 yards rushing for a total of 110 yard..I don't care how bad the zips might be . Their still a FBS school and beat Pitt a year ago. Conditions were less then favorable for passing on Saturday. I just felt more underneath routes and swing passes would've been open all night against R.M. and there's a much higher percentage of success in those conditions. We our not getting separation like we need to downfield for whatever reason. We need to get it figured out

Offline YSU_Penguins17

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2015, 12:15:03 AM »
I understand the fans are frustrated and we all want to win now but we have to trust the process. We all knew there were holes on this roster and Pelini can only do so much with one recruiting season. I will take struggling to win games in September if it means come October/November were fresh and getting into a rhythm. The weather is supposed to be better Saturday for SFU, the fans need to do their part and get down to Stambaugh.
"The Red and White are waving..."