YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

7 pm Saturday at The Castle: Robert Morris

<< < (3/7) > >>

Wick250:
Nation,

You are forgetting the absolute need to play six home games.  Remember that we make more from loge rentals and stadium advertising than we do from individual gate receipts, and since that income comes up front, it is immune to weather problems or bad team performances.  Your scheme would reduce that revenue by over 16%, an unacceptable figure.  Also, for many YSU fans that I know, it is a matter of principle.  No home-and-home, then stick it where the sun never shines.

ysuguins4:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 08, 2015, 04:18:07 PM ---2) G5 $ games  ($250K-$325K), away, expect a win (esp if MAC East)
--- End quote ---

Would be fine by me as long as it's an Ohio MAC school, and the payout is enough to offset the loss of a 6th home game.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on September 08, 2015, 10:48:50 PM ---Nation,

You are forgetting the absolute need to play six home games.  Remember that we make more from loge rentals and stadium advertising than we do from individual gate receipts, and since that income comes up front, it is immune to weather problems or bad team performances.  Your scheme would reduce that revenue by over 16%, an unacceptable figure.  Also, for many YSU fans that I know, it is a matter of principle.  No home-and-home, then stick it where the sun never shines.

--- End quote ---

Wick,

I believe YSU makes $200K on loge rental, ads, concessions, and tickets/home game.  I don't know if that is after the ~$30K payout to the 1AAA visiting opponent.

Can't is paying $315K to FCS schools. Our travel costs would be minimal.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/10/kent-state-alabama-fcs-schools-future-schedules/

My #s may possibly be incorrect....but are we making $315K/home game?  I would argue even if we are and it's revenue neutral, the improved SOS and improved fan interest, and the chance to demonstrate that we are the superior D1 FB program in NEO makes it worth the loss of a (crappy) home game.

However, I don't think its revenue neutral.  I think it would be an income generator as well as a great recruiting opportunity.  Fans, such as myself, would be stoked.  I am not stoked about our upcoming NEC scrimmages.

go guins:
All this revenue related stuff is BORING!  YSU is a government entity, so money is only relevant when they want something.  They have 200 MILLION in net assets including 100 MILLION in cash and cash equivalents.  Their “public accounting” income statement is pretty funny to read, as depending on what you look at, they lose 70 MILLION a year or 2 MILLION a year, but end up the year with at least a couple million more than they started, due to grants, gifts and whatever.   Football and all athletics is nothing more than a marketing tool for the board and administration.  I wouldn’t worry a like about a 100K here or there.  Remember the YSU Centennial Campaign?  I believe that ended up raising 53 MILLION.  That should fund the women's bowling team OK, don't you think!

Penguin Nation:
Exactly.  Roberta is weak by 1AAA standards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version