YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

LeRoy Alexander named MVFC Defensive Player of the Week.

(1/3) > >>

Penguin Nation:
Defense & Newcomer

S LeRoy Alexander, Youngstown State, 6-0, 195, Jr., Toledo (Ohio) Witmer High/Nebraska

 Alexander intercepted two passes in his YSU debut, returning one 41 yards for a touchdown. He also finished with nine tackles, including six solo stops. Both of his interceptions came in the second quarter. Alexander returned a pick nine yards on the second play of the second quarter. With YSU trailing 17-6, Alexander returned an interception 41 yards for a score with 48 seconds left in the first half to cut the deficit to four points.

Other Notable Player of the Week Submissions

OFFENSE

TB Jody Webb, YSU -- 17 rushes for 127 yards and a pair of TDs vs. Pitt. Scored on runs of 27 and 75 yards in the second half. He also caught two passes for 21 yards.

SPECIAL TEAMS

PK Zak Kennedy, YSU -- In his YSU debut, Kennedy made field goals of 22, 23 and 42 yards in the Penguins’ contest at Pittsburgh. He was 4-of-4 on PAT kicks to score 13 points in his YSU debut.

http://www.valley-football.org/news/default/2015-16/8234/valley-football-players-of-the-week/

LeRoy is a playmaker.  Great acquisition by BP.  Great career start for Zak.  Webb killed it Saturday.

penguinpower:
As I said....  STUD

YSUFB93:
Think Kennedy can be one of the best of all time, not sure people know how impressive it is to make a 44 yarder in that stadium.

MrGuin:
Kennedy was great....The guy last year was preatty damn good too. Became YSU's all-time career FG% leader. but I'm partial because he's my son. Actually Joey and Zak are very close, they trained together quite often.  Joey is now back in Calif. but he's talk to Zak all the time giving him advise and encouragement.

go guins:

--- Quote from: MrGuin on September 07, 2015, 11:18:37 PM ---Kennedy was great....The guy last year was preatty damn good too. Became YSU's all-time career FG% leader. but I'm partial because he's my son. Actually Joey and Zak are very close, they trained together quite often.  Joey is now back in Calif. but he's talk to Zak all the time giving him advise and encouragement.

--- End quote ---
Hey, "Joey's Dad", nice to know you are still paying attention to the Quins!  You visited with us in the tailgate lot several times duing Joey's career, (behind Nate Adams' motorhome) Anyway, we miss you and Joey, but Zak seems like he will be a fine replacement!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version