YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MVFC after the initial week

<< < (8/12) > >>

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 29, 2015, 10:40:17 PM ---BINGO Red. Just paladin setting up his "I told you so" posts. In reality, we return a very shallow O front ...and almost non-existent d-front ...supposedly Wolf's strengths. The secondary is more than questionable, but we have always given them a pass because we lacked pressure up front.  Special teams skill was almost ignored the entire time coach W was here. Wolf recruited a JUCO at the last minute, who ended us saving us many times. Never saw him focus on this from prep recruits. He let a worthless DC from Florida chase away all the talent that we had on defense before his first season and it cost him everything.

--- End quote ---

Huh??? Shallow O front and D front problems?? They go 8 deep up front on O and they go 7 deep on D.... D-Line is where the best talent on the team is. Confused by your post.....

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on September 29, 2015, 11:19:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 29, 2015, 10:40:17 PM ---BINGO Red. Just paladin setting up his "I told you so" posts. In reality, we return a very shallow O front ...and almost non-existent d-front ...supposedly Wolf's strengths. The secondary is more than questionable, but we have always given them a pass because we lacked pressure up front.  Special teams skill was almost ignored the entire time coach W was here. Wolf recruited a JUCO at the last minute, who ended us saving us many times. Never saw him focus on this from prep recruits. He let a worthless DC from Florida chase away all the talent that we had on defense before his first season and it cost him everything.

--- End quote ---

Huh??? Shallow O front and D front problems?? They go 8 deep up front on O and they go 7 deep on D.... D-Line is where the best talent on the team is. Confused by your post.....

--- End quote ---

OL is young and needs more time.  Didn't we lose our center?  Have a QB with almost a full season of games under his belt.  We no longer appear to have DL issues but LB is still not up to where it needs to be.

IAA Fan:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I am talking about where we were at the end of last season. We are quite different now, but still a major work in progress. Coach P seems to be happy, but we are not near 2-deep on any line position outside of ends. Listen to Zaborsky's comments and you can see how much the attitudes have changed and he has mentioned rotation and/or stepping in more than once. That has not happened in recent years and one of several reasons why I am trying to cut Paladin off before he starts.

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 30, 2015, 07:37:59 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I am talking about where we were at the end of last season. We are quite different now, but still a major work in progress. Coach P seems to be happy, but we are not near 2-deep on any line position outside of ends. Listen to Zaborsky's comments and you can see how much the attitudes have changed and he has mentioned rotation and/or stepping in more than once. That has not happened in recent years and one of several reasons why I am trying to cut Paladin off before he starts.

--- End quote ---

I would beg to differ. Zaborksy and Kromah in the middle with Squiric and Smith backing up playing big minutes. We are deeper than we ever have been I agree with that.

paladin:
Amazing. After all the hype I read here and in the papers, someone now tries to duck what everyone is expecting . Picked for 4th by the league pre-season, returning starters everywhere, big name coach, high talent transfers from  Nebraska but  suddenly there is reason for concern ? ;D   I love it.

Plus , we are  playing   a cellar dweller .

The fun is about to begin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version