YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MVFC after the initial week

<< < (7/12) > >>

penguinpower:
SDSU held Robert Morris to 26 yards of offense in the second half.  However they struggled to stop the run in the first half.  The issue for me is that while our defense held them to lower rushing and passing yards, our offense managed very little production against Robert Morris and we had to go to overtime with them.  I am concerned that we do not have the receivers needed to make a run.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Penguin Power this upcoming game will answer plenty of questions. From what I saw in practices and scrimmage's both true freshman Shackleford and Swanson could both contribute. One as a downfield threat and the other in red-zone packages.Then again I'm not the coach and their probably looking to preserve their red-shirts or possibly their just not ready. I just don't like the fact on several occasions this season inside the 5-10 yard line we had 2 straight running plays then passed on 3rd down when everyone knew what was coming and then had to settle for 3

paladin:
Don't worry, Fever. This game starts the "real" season. Bobby Morris should have been a warning. The question of coaching will get a good look this year. Remember -- EVERYONE expects  great things with good talent back. The fun is about to start !

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: paladin on September 29, 2015, 01:14:51 PM ---Don't worry, Fever. This game starts the "real" season. Bobby Morris should have been a warning. The question of coaching will get a good look this year. Remember -- EVERYONE expects  great things with good talent back. The fun is about to start !

--- End quote ---

Not me ole' buddy! I'm worried about the tallent. 5 years of Wolfman's boyzzz.. I hope Bo started to change them into "FOOTBALL PLAYERS"  8)

IAA Fan:
BINGO Red. Just paladin setting up his "I told you so" posts. In reality, we return a very shallow O front ...and almost non-existent d-front ...supposedly Wolf's strengths. The secondary is more than questionable, but we have always given them a pass because we lacked pressure up front.  Special teams skill was almost ignored the entire time coach W was here. Wolf recruited a JUCO at the last minute, who ended us saving us many times. Never saw him focus on this from prep recruits. He let a worthless DC from Florida chase away all the talent that we had on defense before his first season and it cost him everything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version