YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MVFC after the initial week

<< < (6/12) > >>

OleYSUfan:
SIU seem to dominate Liberty (who last week beat Montana) with very little problems. SIU was quick and showed a diversified offence. Looks like another strong MVCF team.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on September 27, 2015, 01:01:28 PM ---SIU seem to dominate Liberty (who last week beat Montana) with very little problems. SIU was quick and showed a diversified offence. Looks like another strong MVCF team.
--- End quote ---

I would not call SIU a strong MVFC team?! They lost to SEMO that just lost to a DII team this weekend. I know "on any given Saturday" BUT Com'mon Man!!

OleYSUfan:
SEMO IS A FCS TEAM IN THE Ohio Valley Conf. Yes, they defeated S. Illinois 27-24 and lost by only 1 point to Ind. St. 29-28.

So. Illinois appears to have improved (with easy win over Liberty) and will cause havoc in the MVC. The conference is loaded with very good teams. I believe 6 MVC teams are in the top 15 teams in the Coaches Poll.

It will be tough for any team to make it through the MVC conf. schedule with only 2 loses. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on September 25, 2015, 09:06:03 AM ---South Dakota State is home this weekend to Robert Morris..Does anyone look for a close game or upset ??

--- End quote ---
Still hard to figure out who has what, but apparently Robert Morris was pretty true to form for to 2015 team
Saturday vs SDSU
                               att.  yds   ave.
Rush Totals...            38  236    6.0

And the QB was about as bad as we saw in the rain.
                          comp att int    yds.
BARR, Mathew           4-12-0     43

RMU lost convincingly, but that run game that gave us some real trouble looks to be "for real".

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I watched the replay over again of Robert Morris and Y.S.U. and I still can't get over how big and physical both sides of their lines were. Something you wouldn't expect to see from a 40 scholarship program and N.E. Conference member. Heck Costal Carolina had to come from behind to beat Bryant and managed to win by only 14. Not to say every Northeast Conference school would be competitive against the upper F.C.S. programs but obviously some are and can't be taken lightly

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version