YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Defense Also Let Us Down...

<< < (2/8) > >>

YSUFB93:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 06, 2015, 08:03:17 AM ---Boy are you guys tough on our kids!  My take on this was we played great,  Played hard to the very end, (which didn't happen under Wolford) and we got beat by a better team.  Pitt was stronger inside, bigger and faster outside.  They couldn't stop Stubbs last time we played, couldn't stop him this time either.  They also couldn't stop Webb.  They are going to give up a LOT of points to D-1 schools.  Somebody ripped me Friday for complementing the 2 deep depth chart because they were all Wolford's recruits, but the Pelini guys made huge impacts yesterday.  Alexander, the linebackers etc.  Bodes well going forward.  We lost, but we showed toughness and heart and aggression.  MUCH more GOOD than bad IMO!

--- End quote ---

So you didnt watch the game at all then. Webb was shut down easy outside of 2 runs. Stubbs did nothing outside of 1 catch. Rivers was our best defensive player with 4 sacks, a wolford guy.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on September 06, 2015, 09:11:08 AM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on September 06, 2015, 08:03:17 AM ---Boy are you guys tough on our kids!  My take on this was we played great,  Played hard to the very end, (which didn't happen under Wolford) and we got beat by a better team.  Pitt was stronger inside, bigger and faster outside.  They couldn't stop Stubbs last time we played, couldn't stop him this time either.  They also couldn't stop Webb.  They are going to give up a LOT of points to D-1 schools.  Somebody ripped me Friday for complementing the 2 deep depth chart because they were all Wolford's recruits, but the Pelini guys made huge impacts yesterday.  Alexander, the linebackers etc.  Bodes well going forward.  We lost, but we showed toughness and heart and aggression.  MUCH more GOOD than bad IMO!

--- End quote ---

So you didnt watch the game at all then. Webb was shut down easy outside of 2 runs. Stubbs did nothing outside of 1 catch. Rivers was our best defensive player with 4 sacks, a wolford guy.

--- End quote ---

And the safety is a STUD.

HappyPenguin:
Relax...Pitt is "Big 5" its not like we played a MAC team.

You simply cannot compare their athletes and depth. Be happy you got 37 and they played very conservatively.

YSUFB93:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on September 06, 2015, 10:54:51 AM ---Relax...Pitt is "Big 5" its not like we played a MAC team.

You simply cannot compare their athletes and depth. Be happy you got 37 and they played very conservatively.

--- End quote ---

its also not like we played Ohio State either. we played an Indiana/Illinois level team.  They got 37 when 13 of that came on defense and special team. Whoop de doo

guinpen:

--- End quote ---

I agree

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version