YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Defense Also Let Us Down...

<< < (6/8) > >>

ValleyTalk:

--- Quote from: edpuskas on September 07, 2015, 10:28:45 PM ---
--- Quote ---Go tell the Vindicator to make YSU front page under all circumstances.  Voice your concerns of how YSU plays second fiddle to HS sports.

--- End quote ---
When has a YSU football game ever not been on the front page?

--- End quote ---
Not sure someone from out of town should be guessing as to the placement of the Vindy.com articles on the actual paper copy of the Vindicator  ;D

edpuskas:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on September 07, 2015, 11:30:38 PM ---
--- Quote ---Go tell the Vindicator to make YSU front page under all circumstances.  Voice your concerns of how YSU plays second fiddle to HS sports.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Not sure someone from out of town should be guessing as to the placement of the Vindy.com articles on the actual paper copy of the Vindicator  ;D

--- End quote ---
I may not live in Youngstown, but I'm here almost every day.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on September 07, 2015, 11:30:38 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

I purchase the online version (which is supposed to be the same as the print edition) for only 1 reason.....YSU sports.  How many times had the front of the sports page led with bulllsh** HS football?  I will tell you an endless amount of times.  I've only been out of town to 5 years so I have many years of history buying the Vindicator paper edition and also had many times when I would be ticked off at the pages and pages of HS sports coverage with no more than two articles on the penguins.  And YSU has been on the second page and is on the second page at times of the year. They should be on the Front page of the paper like during the championship years.

edpuskas:
No idea what you're talking about. At no time I can remember in 20 years has a YSU football game story been played inside vs. anything else, high school football or otherwise. Now, of course, I haven't worked here that entire time, but I'd be shocked if it ever happened.

As for preview stories, they're commonly played on the front on Saturdays, but yes, high school football is the dominant package on those days because the game are on Friday night. Live stories, live photos. Lots of local interest. That's how it has always been. I'm not sure why you can't grasp that.

Unless it's a YSU playoff game preview in November or December (and there have been precious few of those since 2000), prep football is going to be the main package on Saturday's sports front pages in the fall. On Sunday, it's YSU and OSU. On Monday, it's the NFL.

It's really quite simple.

go guins:
Ed, I'd take some of these guys with a grain of salt.  If you get a complaint from 1-AA or many of the other highly respected and thoughtful bloggers then maybe, but some of the crackpots like FB93 are just that, and worthy of being ignored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version