YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Chelsea Gilliam Chosen as Youngstown State’s First Women’s Bowling Coach

<< < (2/2)

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 02, 2015, 04:32:46 PM ---Yes it is a varsity sport at YSU. Two things to consider:

1. We need a few more women's scholarships to match Title-IX requirements and as you said ...it is one of the less expensive sports.

2. We have a serious chance to contend here. The NCAA has changed many of the rules and expanded the regional and national tournaments. Go to ncaa.org ...there are a few notes and articles on the changes.

--- End quote ---
You can rest comfortably knowing that I will be spending exactly -0- time reading NCAA rules on women's bowling!   OSU has the same Title 9 crap that YSU does, and has more men's scolarships, I wonder where do they pick up the women's scolariships with out women's bowling? (I wonder, but not enough to look it up)

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on September 03, 2015, 09:19:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on September 02, 2015, 04:32:46 PM ---Yes it is a varsity sport at YSU. Two things to consider:

1. We need a few more women's scholarships to match Title-IX requirements and as you said ...it is one of the less expensive sports.

2. We have a serious chance to contend here. The NCAA has changed many of the rules and expanded the regional and national tournaments. Go to ncaa.org ...there are a few notes and articles on the changes.

--- End quote ---
You can rest comfortably knowing that I will be spending exactly -0- time reading NCAA rules on women's bowling!   OSU has the same Title 9 crap that YSU does, and has more men's scolarships, I wonder where do they pick up the women's scolariships with out women's bowling? (I wonder, but not enough to look it up)

--- End quote ---

OSU offers varsity:

Women's crew (rowing)
Synchronized Swimming
Women's Lacrosse
Women's Rifle
Women's Pistol
Women's Ice Hockey
Women's Field Hockey
Women's Gymnastics
Women's Fencing

These sports combined field over 150 female athletes. Bowling will cost YSU about 6?

go guins:
1-AA I may not be the smartest guy around, but I know crew is really rowing!
maybe we should start a rowing program on the muddy Mahoning! 
Or maybe synchronized swimming, perhaps the dumbest sport ever invented with the possible exception of hula hoop.
Seriously, I think the bowling thing is fine.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version