YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (19/22) > >>

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: ValleyTalk on September 06, 2015, 08:58:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 06, 2015, 07:37:30 PM ---The number I've heard is there were 2K YSU fans at yesterday's game.

--- End quote ---
Maybe tix given from Pitt to YSU to sell. I would think that 2k is much smaller than the actual figure at the game. There was tons of red all across the visitors sidelines in the lower level.

--- End quote ---

It was a shame that YSU was selling student tickets for $40 (according to several students) when you could buy them from StubHub for $9.  I heard a group of students say they weren't going until they heard it mentioned during Penguin Playbook that you could get them online cheaper. 

Not sure how you can account for who the fan supports with 3rd party sales.

ysufan0505:
YSU will never play the Zips unless they agree to come play at stambaugh and that will never happen. Plus, what incentive do they have to play us? They would get beat by a "lowly fcs" team and start losing recruits lol.

Penguin Nation:
Akron 14 point dogs to Pitt....at home.  I'd personally take Pitt even with a bigger spread.  Akron couldn't cover the +31 at Oklahoma.

The novelty of another steel-tire match would draw fans to the Info....Akron has tried everything else...including giving away tuition $$...they can't even pay their students to go.....another season of an empty Info and they will be desperate for solutions...and may consider playing YSU...and maybe even Horizon /MVFC or OVC membership.  The decision to drop baseball was only a beginning, IMO.

YSUFB93:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 07, 2015, 10:24:37 AM ---Akron 14 point dogs to Pitt....at home.  I'd personally take Pitt even with a bigger spread.  Akron couldn't cover the +31 at Oklahoma.

The novelty of another steel-tire match would draw fans to the Info....Akron has tried everything else...including giving away tuition $$...they can't even pay their students to go.....another season of an empty Info and they will be desperate for solutions...and may consider playing YSU...and maybe even Horizon /MVFC or OVC membership.  The decision to drop baseball was only a beginning, IMO.

--- End quote ---

Akron has bigger things to worry about then sports.  If things keep heading the direction they are, ill say Akron is no longer a university in 5 years, and shutdown all together in 10-15

Wick250:
For the benefit of younger posters, the MAC instituted a policy about twenty years ago that forbade its members from playing road games against IAA schools.  That became known informally as the "Youngstown Rule" and resulted from embarrassing losses that MAC members sustained in Stambaugh stadium against Tressel-led YSU teams.  Keep in mind that the MAC has operated for decades with the illusion that they are "big time," somehow the equals of P5 programs.  Astute fans know that is nonsense but maintaining that illusion is more important to the likes of Akron and Kent than making money. 

Yo, to respond to your question, every time that we played a football game in Akron or in Kent, YSU fans matched or outnumbered the home crowd, to the extent that you can call the gatherings that Akron and Kent draw "crowds."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version