YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (17/22) > >>

The YO Show:
Maybe. Do you think Penguin fans would travel to Akron? I mean obviously some of them will. I was at the Pitt game this year though, and with all the hype leading into it for us with Bo Pelini as our HC, I felt that there were less penguin fans at Heinz for this game than there were in 2012 (as I was there for both). Maybe its just me, but if we didn't travel to Pitt, I wouldn't think we would travel so great for Akron either. Neither is that far away really. Maybe I'm wrong about the YSU attendance at the Pitt game.

Penguin Nation:
The number I've heard is there were 2K YSU fans at yesterday's game.  I was at the 2012 game and that seems about right for that game.  So if YSU brings 2K to the Info...it would be significant since Akron averaged 9K/game last year.  If anything it would likely be more because Akron is/was YSU's only true rival ever.

Pitt fans would never ever consider this, but I'd like to see a rivalry w/ Pitt.....maybe a Steel-River trophy?

ELPENGUIN:
Get fb93 out of here.  Who does he or she think he is?  He or she  has power at the University......give me a break.  He or she seems like a gangster poster!

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 06, 2015, 05:59:21 PM ---YO, very true.  But...Akron needs to get people in the seats at InfoCision ASAP....and YSU would be an answer.  Pitt won't bring em next week....they apparently wont even go to a home game where a new HC is debuting.

--- End quote ---

Akron stadium will never see a YSU fan in it until they agree to play at our house, and that just ain't going to happen. They will have to find people elsewhere

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: guinpen on September 06, 2015, 08:31:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on September 06, 2015, 05:59:21 PM ---YO, very true.  But...Akron needs to get people in the seats at InfoCision ASAP....and YSU would be an answer.  Pitt won't bring em next week....they apparently wont even go to a home game where a new HC is debuting.

--- End quote ---

Akron stadium will never see a YSU fan in it until they agree to play at our house, and that just ain't going to happen. They will have to find people elsewhere

--- End quote ---

Why?  Akron is an FBS team (for now), and we haven't required a home and home from any FBS team yet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version