YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (16/22) > >>

The YO Show:
As a sidenote, panther fans were saying this regarding the game:
"Is this how far pitt has fallen? Struggling to beat a 1aa team? I dont understand, narduzzi is doing all the right things how do we beat delaware 62 - 0 last year and have this showing?"

One fan to another "We should stop scheduling Youngstown State."
"You know, normally I would tell you that is nonsense, but at this point I agree. Thats not, and will not be, a gimme cupcake game for us anytime soon."

Those things were said by pitt fans by me. At one point in the fourth when it seemed like they put us away, and then jody webb scored, I was singing with the band playing the fight song, and when i got to the Y the pitt fans nearby joined in. But didnt say the s or the u and they did it every time the Y came up. And i just looked at them and they said, "we are honestly just asking why. Why cant we put this game away?"

Penguin Nation:
It's a funeral-type atmosphere on the Pitt fan forums.  You would think they just got blown out by Slippery Rock.  They b about the defense, the attendance, and stooping so low as to play YSU.  Everything but the tailgating...which by all accounts sounds like it was awesome.

It'll be interesting to see the outcome of the Akron game.  Personally, I think Pitt is going to open a can on Akron.

I think Pitt is a great OOC opponent.  BP said in an interview that it is good for recruiting.  I wish instead of going from the awesome hype of the Pitt game, we were going for another exciting OOC game....even against a G5 school.  Toledo's opponent left at halftime. Next time maybe they'll wise up and play YSU instead.

The YO Show:
Nation, I  believe toledo is wise and thats why they wont play YSU. We would be quite alot for any MAC team to handle.

Buddy:
I was just looking at the stats for the game.   Very closely matched.  TOP 30 min - 30 min.  First down even. Total yards about even.  We won the TO battle.  They were better on KO returns. Two biggest factors were red zone scoring (they had 3 TDs and 1 FG and we had 2 FGs) and the stupid line drive kick at the end of the first. 

Game we could have won.  Very happy in general in what I saw

Penguin Nation:
YO, very true.  But...Akron needs to get people in the seats at InfoCision ASAP....and YSU would be an answer.  Pitt won't bring em next week....they apparently wont even go to a home game where a new HC is debuting. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version