YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (15/22) > >>

guinpen:
Hey this is simple, first game under a new coach, on the road against a higher division school and we lose by a td or so. Hey I never like to lose but I do feel good about the program at this point

ysufan0505:
Everybody knows my distain for Montgomery so until he proves to win a game with his late game play calling, I will not shut up. 4th and 1 with the game on the line and he runs Webb (Our smallest RB) up the middle where we had NO success all game long. I mean I just don't get it... No play action? No read option? No trick play? Thats the best you can call?

Regardless, if Ruiz was healthy and in the game, I think its a different outcome. Cole Newsome got man handled in the middle. Needs some work big time. Felt like there was a free rusher up the middle on every play. Rush defense also needs some work, a lot of missed gap assignments and missed tackles.

Was it me, or did we just look a step slow playing on that crappy grass field at Heinz? I mean we practice and play on turf all year long. Could have been a factor.

IAA Fan:
FB ...it is language ...not questioning your intelligence. Sorry if it came out that way, but I did not mean that at all.

It is not as if I did not see issues with the offense ...clearly I did. Montgomery is a system coach, so people are either going to like it or not. I already said our O line was crushed on every first down. Yes we should have scored more points than we did, but every play on both sides yesterday was big. YSU had the only consistent drive the whole game and it ended up with a FG. It was our first drive of the game.

JP21:
Everybody just needs to chill out.  You can't tell anything from playing this game.  Just like we will not know anything by playing those two garbage teams we will he playing the next two weeks.  A few years ago if anyone remembers we couldn't even score on an fcs team.  Can't blame the defense because the dedense was gassed.  The offensive line was the problem yesterday they were outmanned by Pitt.

go guins:
Who is this nut FB?  I certainly hope he doesn't claim to be an alumni, as he is barely literate.  In any case, what we saw was a case of playing a better team.  They were bigger, stronger, faster and if we played them 10 times we'd loose 9.  No crime there.  Thing to note is we played hard and focused for 4 full quarters in very difficult physical conditions.  We can be proud of the effort and looking forward to the rest of the season.  Remember, we played GREAT the last time down there and didn't make the playoffs. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version