YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

FCS Kickoff NDSU @ Montana

<< < (2/4) > >>

penguinpower:
My goodness they look like we used to look.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
INCREDIBLE !!! I think if Wentz doesn't turn his ankle in the game the Bison win. He wasn't able to run or really throw off his back foot. But how about the Jr. QB with his first career start for Montana ? Great exposure for the F.C.S. today without  question

guinpen:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on August 29, 2015, 04:20:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on August 29, 2015, 03:55:31 PM ---I hope they both lose!

--- End quote ---

We need them to win.  Let them get a conference loss.  We don't want any OOC losses when playoff selections are made.

--- End quote ---

Hey I did not want either one to win, but since someone had too I am ok with how it played out. They are still going to get a conference loss.

So we can safely say that at this point in the season the buffaloes have the worst record in 1AA.

Wick250:
I was surprised that the NDSU veteran line could not consistently dominate the trenches against that fiesty but undersized Montana front.  Was anybody else not impressed by the NDSU running backs?  Most of their big gains on the ground came from their versatile qb before he tweaked the ankle, either as planned runs or scrambles.

And the NDSU secondary is very vulnerable.  Like Power suggested, kind of reminded us of the way we defended the pass for the last five years.  NDSU is still good but the domination is over.  No contender in the league will be intimidated by them any longer.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 29, 2015, 11:57:57 PM ---I was surprised that the NDSU veteran line could not consistently dominate the trenches against that fiesty but undersized Montana front.  Was anybody else not impressed by the NDSU running backs?  Most of their big gains on the ground came from their versatile qb before he tweaked the ankle, either as planned runs or scrambles.

And the NDSU secondary is very vulnerable.  Like Power suggested, kind of reminded us of the way we defended the pass for the last five years.  NDSU is still good but the domination is over.  No contender in the league will be intimidated by them any longer.

--- End quote ---

I hope our new defense plays lights out.  Bison are suspect.  I can't believe they couldn't run A-gap power plays at will.  Montana LB's are the real deal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version