YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Youngstown St. 2015 Football (Prediction and Expectations)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Wick250:
5-3 in the conference is "doable."  The schedule is most favorable with NDSU and Illinois State coming here.  As does SDSU which won't be the same without Zenner, a once-in-a-lifetime player for that program.  We should be favored in all four league road games, but we probably won't get them all.  7-4 with a winning record in the MVFC should qualify for the playoffs.

I think that YSUGO just nailed it.  Pelini must rebuild the Tressel culture that featured all-out effort for 60 minutes every week and aggressive defense.  My biggest worry is that the quitters that Wolford brought here do not resurface at the first sign of adversity.

Penguin Nation:
Four losses:  Pitt, ISUr, NDSU, and either SIU or WIU. 

The gap between YSU and the MVFC elite is too big to close in one off-season.  I think the schedule this year is unfavorable in that other mid-pack MVFC games are nearly all on the road.

No playoffs.....because of MVFC losses.....nearly any other FCS conference we'd run wild and either get the auto-bid or an at-large.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I agree with penguin power on the risk of losses because of the special team issues. I just hope it doesn't happen in the 4 game stretch following the Illinois St. game..we need those games. I still think the opener at Pitt and the final game at Indiana st. could be the 2 most important on the schedule. The possibility of splitting the Illinois st. and North Dakota St. does exist. 7-4 isn't out of the question

ysufan0505:
Special teams is gonna be an issue this year. Will have to work through some things, but I think we think to lose to Pitt to start out. Also lose to NDSU and ISU. Playoff bound this year.

ysubigred:
8-3 L's to Pitt, NDSU and ISU (r)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version