YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Youngstown St. 2015 Football (Prediction and Expectations)

<< < (3/4) > >>

penguinpower:
We can beat ISUr.  We should have beaten them last year.  I think we get one of the two superpowers.

ysuguins4:
A more aggressive defense and improved secondary will stop the Guins run of finishing towards the bottom of the forced turnover category.  I'm thinking 8-3, 7-4 at worst, and a playoff berth either way.  There's another at-large bid this year, with the MEAC foregoing the playoffs, so I believe the Valley will have at least 4 teams in the playoffs and possibly 5 again.

paladin:
I see 7-4. As mentioned, special teams looks weak  and I still believe there  is a QB problem here as he got away with lots of dropped INTs that he threw into the defender's numbers for what should have been easy catches. Several games would have been losses had those INTs not been dropped . Until he loses that tendency   to put it up for grabs or hurrying his passes, some games will be just one INT away from a loss.  Run game should be good and the D looks to be improved. Plus, despite the local hype, Pelini still has a track record of not beating ranked teams but winning the gimmes and lower ranked teams . So coaching will get a good look this year as YSU has a similar Nebraska type schedule. Playoffs are problematic

ScarletRook:
At the risk of being in exile - I agree with paladin.
Aside from talent, Pelini and company are going to have to convince these young men
that they CAN win and prevent the GIVE UP attitude that infected most of Wolford's teams.

OleYSUfan:
I have a better feeling this year. Instead of watching the team self-destruct in the 4th Q in some of the games the pass couple of years, I believe the defense will be vastly improved.

I am more optimistic the team will finally make the playoffs and have a 8-3 record.

Can we beat Pitt? Maybe with a couple interceptions and fumbles.

GO PENGUINS!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version