YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Youngstown St. 2015 Football (Prediction and Expectations)

(1/4) > >>

YSUGO:
Okay guys fire away!

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on August 23, 2015, 08:46:00 AM ---Okay guys fire away!

--- End quote ---

We will lose 4 games with glaring special teams issues. 

Actually I think we will lose to Pitt and split NDSU or Illinois State.  Hopefully special teams come along as the year rolls on.  We shouldn't need them to win games outside of Pitt until conference play.

Playoffs tho year and the schedule sets up for it.

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on August 23, 2015, 08:50:19 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on August 23, 2015, 08:46:00 AM ---Okay guys fire away!

--- End quote ---

We will lose 4 games with glaring special teams issues. 

--- End quote ---

This is my area of biggest concern too...

3 losses though and playoffs

YSUGO:
I am thinking we will have 4 losses.  I am not predicting playoffs.  I want to see us play a full 60 minutes.  I want to see the fan base increase.  I want the Pelini teams to defend our house and play physical in your face D.  This is a learning curve year regardless what talent was here.  I want a football program built not a quick fix.  Yes Pelini did bring in some baggage but We needed talent and depth on D.  I think he realized that and this will supplement the recruiting process to start building the D.  I also expect to see more leadership from the upperclassmen which Wolford destroyed when he coached here. I hope Wells improves its a shame they stole his RS yr.  But if we can improve the D and run the ball like we should he won't have to carry the load.  I see good things ahead.  We have a proven winner at HC and I think this coaching staff has the attention of the players. 

The YO Show:
Coming in and prediciting 4 losses is definitely the more likely safe way to go. However, I'm going to predict 3 losses or less. I may be wrong, but just have a good feeling about it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version