YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fall Practice Updates

<< < (18/19) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on August 31, 2015, 11:47:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on August 31, 2015, 11:39:03 AM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on August 31, 2015, 11:15:56 AM ---So uh Zack Torbert is going to be a beast, watch his senior year video. Listed at 4.58 but always running away from people

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1593349/zack-torbert

--- End quote ---

His highlight video is nice, but it's not against top level competition so take it with a grain of salt but still has good size, route running and some decent speed. How it translates to college is still TBD. He is not listed on the 2 deep depth chart. Wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt.

--- End quote ---

It's against the same level of competition which he dominated, it's literally all he can do. By that logic I don't see why you bother following YSU, they never well vs top level competition like Ohio State or would beat an ND, TTUN, Bama etc.. he's also got a lot better then decent speed, at 6'3 when you out run every defender like that the  you have good speed.  And none of the freshman WR are on the 2 deep which makes sense since we have a young QB it's best to go with experienced WR.

Shackleford and Torbert are going to give us 2 exciting options over the next 3-4 years

--- End quote ---

I think you pit way too much value on skilled positions.  It all starts and ends with line play.

YSUFB93:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on August 31, 2015, 12:38:44 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on August 31, 2015, 11:15:56 AM ---So uh Zack Torbert is going to be a beast, watch his senior year video. Listed at 4.58 but always running away from people

--- End quote ---

His highlight video is nice, but it's not against top level competition so take it with a grain of salt but still has good size, route running and some decent speed. How it translates to college is still TBD. He is not listed on the 2 deep depth chart. Wouldn't be surprised to see him redshirt.

--- End quote ---

It's against the same level of competition which he dominated, it's literally all he can do. By that logic I don't see why you bother following YSU, they never well vs top level competition like Ohio State or would beat an ND, TTUN, Bama etc.. he's also got a lot better then decent speed, at 6'3 when you out run every defender like that the  you have good speed.  And none of the freshman WR are on the 2 deep which makes sense since we have a young QB it's best to go with experienced WR.

Shackleford and Torbert are going to give us 2 exciting options over the next 3-4 years

--- End quote ---

I think you pit way too much value on skilled positions.  It all starts and ends with line play.

--- End quote ---

Boy what a prick this guy is. So I'm not allowed to be excited about 2 young players just because they don't play on the OL(and played my position in college), okay d*****bag.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on August 31, 2015, 12:56:00 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Boy what a prick this guy is. So I'm not allowed to be excited about 2 young players just because they don't play on the OL(and played my position in college), okay d*****bag.

--- End quote ---

Your assessment of the Montana game is wrong and your assessment of the WR's is not accurate with our OC.  He tends to have them all ready, even the young ones.

ScarletRook:
Ah the return of football season when excitement is in the air and name calling fills the board.  I hope some of you keep your phones on so that the coaches can call you for who should play and what play to call.
There are 11 men out on the field at one time.  Each has their own purpose and importance.  Let's don't eat our own.

YSUFB93:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on August 31, 2015, 01:15:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUFB93 on August 31, 2015, 12:56:00 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Your assessment of the Montana game is wrong and your assessment of the WR's is not accurate with our OC.  He tends to have them all ready, even the young ones.

--- End quote ---

Nope. I'm 100% correct. You don't know a single thing about football,all I've seen is nothing but you believing your own bullsh*t like you have a relevant opinion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version