YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fall Practice Updates

<< < (15/19) > >>

ValleyTalk:
Saw this in the Vindy for those that care:

The band marched from Bliss Hall on Wick Avenue to the stadium. Payne said band enrollment is at 165 members, up by 35 from last year. - See more at: http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/aug/30/marching-pride/#sthash.ufEC76Al.dpuf

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on August 30, 2015, 09:52:37 AM ---I was surprised to see Cody Squiric ahead of Kromah on the depth chart. Obviously is doesn't mean too much at this point. I see a lot of rotating on the D-Line but Kromah has started every game the last 2 years. Squiric is a big, strong kid. Young though...

As scalzo stated, Dubem got surpassed although that could be because of injury but Lee Wright was always a guy I found interesting. Transfer from App State, pretty athletic kid. Jamar Pinnock is at the other LB spot. I watched his tape from JUCO. This kid can hit and tackle well. Like the moves Pelini is making on defense!

--- End quote ---

If we want to compete for a championship the one's and two's need to be equal or provide equal results.  Perhaps he is balancing experience with ability and leadership so he has the right people on the field all the time.

YSUFB93:
Something ive noticed is this new staff loves to recruit big WRs, we have 7 WRs 6'3 or 6'4 and 5 of them are freshman. Hopefully they have some speed too.

anyone know where i can find a depth chart?

The YO Show:
One thing I also find interesting, the right and left guards are bigger than the right and left tackles! I recognize they were all the starters last year for their respective positions. But i thought the tackles should be bigger than the guards generally

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: The YO Show on August 30, 2015, 01:00:34 PM ---One thing I also find interesting, the right and left guards are bigger than the right and left tackles! I recognize they were all the starters last year for their respective positions. But i thought the tackles should be bigger than the guards generally

--- End quote ---

You always want more beef in the middle. Outisde guys big yes, but need to be able to move well with the speed rushers now a days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version