YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fall Practice Updates

<< < (12/19) > >>

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on August 24, 2015, 08:50:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on August 22, 2015, 05:42:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on August 22, 2015, 04:29:36 PM ---Well, I'm concerned. I wasn't there, and I'm glad our defense is looking good, but i was figuring with all the linemen and skill players we had returning that our offense would be pretty good.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, the backups played a lot today. Starters played first couple series and sat out.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why Monty was retained. YSU's "O" in a crunch time situation or against a team that plays "D" was horrible. As much as I hate to say it the "D" under Wolford was bad, but IT (D) was not the only problem Montys "O" was equally as bad when it counted.

--- End quote ---

10-4 on that.  I was also indirectly pointing that out in my outlook.

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: ysubigred on August 24, 2015, 08:50:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on August 22, 2015, 05:42:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on August 22, 2015, 04:29:36 PM ---Well, I'm concerned. I wasn't there, and I'm glad our defense is looking good, but i was figuring with all the linemen and skill players we had returning that our offense would be pretty good.

--- End quote ---

To be fair, the backups played a lot today. Starters played first couple series and sat out.

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why Monty was retained. YSU's "O" in a crunch time situation or against a team that plays "D" was horrible. As much as I hate to say it the "D" under Wolford was bad, but IT (D) was not the only problem Montys "O" was equally as bad when it counted.

--- End quote ---

Amen. Amazing how much the offense is struggling in practice against an improved Pelini defense.... Sigh. Hopefully Pelini has the balls to let Monty go after some ugly losses given up due to the offense.

ysuguins4:
I believe Wolf was holding Monty back.  We shouldn't see the offense disappear in the second half this season.

ScarletRook:

--- Quote ---Amen. Amazing how much the offense is struggling in practice against an improved Pelini defense.... Sigh. Hopefully Pelini has the balls to let Monty go after some ugly losses given up due to the offense.
--- End quote ---

Wait a minute Fan...don't you mean and improved "Stoops" defense?  :o
I think there will be more house cleaning at the end of the season, but I am hoping we are not
suffering ugly losses.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on August 24, 2015, 12:30:52 PM ---I believe Wolf was holding Monty back.  We shouldn't see the offense disappear in the second half this season.

--- End quote ---

:o and "IF" you believe that I have some swamp land I'll sell you in AZ! Wolf and Monty... The blind leading the blind when it mattered  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version