YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fall Practice Updates

<< < (2/19) > >>

Wick250:
So far, so good.  Really like the introduction of modern training methods like no two-a-days and stretching AFTER practice (for over a decade astute trainers knew this worked best to prevent injuries.)  Also like the standard that a player is expected to absorb quickly what he has been taught.  Perhaps we will no longer see breakdowns in assignments and coverage in November.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 10, 2015, 01:00:16 PM ---So far, so good.  Really like the introduction of modern training methods like no two-a-days and stretching AFTER practice (for over a decade astute trainers knew this worked best to prevent injuries.)  Also like the standard that a player is expected to absorb quickly what he has been taught.  Perhaps we will no longer see breakdowns in assignments and coverage in November.

--- End quote ---
Realistically, fewer breakdowns in assignments and coverage.  They are still kids! 

ysufan0505:
Looks like they're not being babied out there in practice. Time to man up and play.

ysufan0505:
Interested to see who the #2 WR will be on the outside with Williams with Stubbs in the slot. Harvin has the inside track but I'm really interested to see if one of the freshman (Scott, Swanson, Braswell) can take a spot.

YSU_Penguins17:
I was down at practice yesterday and I've noticed a huge difference already between the Wolford regime and the current one. Pelini and staff are teachers with minimal yelling and screaming. To be honest, Pelini doesn't even wear/use a whistle at practice and just kind of observes. As for the players, our defensive line is deep, quick and explosive. I like the potential of Isaiah Scott at receiver as well as Harvin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version