YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fall Practice Updates

<< < (6/19) > >>

The YO Show:
IAA fan, eagerly awaiting your review of the scrimmage. From the report I saw, the defense dominated the first 8 possessions. Only allowing a single 3rd down conversion. Kinda concerns me. The "sacks" show me that the defense is getting pressure which is good, but is that why the offense struggled to find rhythm at first? Was the offensive line playing bad?

IAA Fan:
It was a situational scrimmage, so hard to tell anything. I am sorry but I got involved with the new lights and lots of facilities changes.

Webb was really good on his drive with the #1's. Ruiz was "as expected". Scott and McCaster stood out and should both be red-shirted, but they look really good.

Not much kicking, but the balls are going through. The drills for scores were all from the 30 & both FG's were therefore 40-yards and both good. From what I saw today, Wells was far from head-and-shoulder above Davis, but he was able to more easily put the ball into the end-zone. The kicking rotations were all fine out to the 40, but that was not with any real pressure.

Talk about a completely new attitude everywhere

FOOTBALLFEVER:
I got a chance to take in the scrimmage yesterday.Obviously the defense is much improved from a year ago. The same can also be said for the offense. Keep in mind each unit is making the other one better. I don't think that was case last fall camp. The offense has the ability to put up some big numbers this season and have bigger play ability then some would think. Defensively they can bring it and showed much more creativity with their schemes. The improvement with the D-line will help the defensive backs out considerably. I agree with Fan..Different  Era..Different attitudes !!

The YO Show:
Well, that is good news! From YSU's official description, it had made it sound like our offense had done bad. It made it seem as though it was only a situational scrimmage for part of the scrimmage and the rest of the scrimmage was an attempt for a real game. It also made it seem like during the real game part, the defense gave up 1 first down in the first 8 possessions. But if you are both saying good things, then I'm happy.

IAA: On Scott, you said he looked good. Did he practice with 1st or 2nd team offense? Also, if he is good, why would you prefer he is red shirted?

Fever: With your comments about a new era, and different attitudes, does this mean your mind might be changing on Pelini? Granted it is a bit early yet, but your attitude seems to have changed.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Yo Show- It's very easy to see that he is earning the respect of his players and they enjoy playing for him. Coach Pelini to this point has stayed low keyed and is doing and saying all the right things. I just hope it continues and history doesn't repeat itself. He has been very upfront about the challenges that await in conference play and I respect that a great deal..there is a good nucleus for success with our current roster and all the players and coaches our working extremely hard and that's all you can ask for to this point..Go Guins!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version