YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fall Practice Updates

<< < (4/19) > >>

ysufan0505:
I was hoping we could bring in a JUCO kicker, but that is unfortunate. Better get it together.

ysufan0505:
Some strong quotes from some of the players here.... Yikes.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/aug/12/pelinis-approach-has-been-different/?newswatch

ysuguins4:
With the Guins being a deeper team this fall, I believe the return and coverage units will be fine.  If the kickers continue to struggle, Coach P might have to start watching soccer practice.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on August 12, 2015, 12:29:05 PM ---With the Guins being a deeper team this fall, I believe the return and coverage units will be fine.  If the kickers continue to struggle, Coach P might have to start watching soccer practice.

--- End quote ---

LOL. That would really depress coach P, since in soccer, they learn to kick the ball under the cross bar.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on August 12, 2015, 11:22:48 AM ---Some strong quotes from some of the players here.... Yikes.

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/aug/12/pelinis-approach-has-been-different/?newswatch

--- End quote ---

Why "Yikes"? What are your thoughts 05?

I will be at practice this weekend and going to the scrimmage. I take vacation beginning the 21st, so I will get more then.

One issue that I always had with Wolf, was that it seemed as though players were expected to know much more than they actually did ...which would be why late season losses took place. Our opponents changed up because they knew what we did. Then too much position changing on our end led to disgruntled players as Wolf began to rotate around trying to find a 1-week fix.  Players might have felt that they were not shown what they needed to know and removing them was unfair. Coach H, was just the opposite. The more things did not go our way, the more he entrenched his team (and unfortunately at times ...his staff).

With the addition of coach Carl, the promotion of Stoops and the retention of coach Carm ...I really feel the players are going to get more individual attention. As fans, we need to really step-up for the team this year. I expect to see a much more centralized unit this year. Players looking out for each other and perhaps we may not have players used to taking on leadership roles until next season ...hard to say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version