YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pissed off with Sunday Sports of Vindy!

<< < (2/7) > >>

ysufan0505:
Cancelled my subscription to the vindy years ago lol.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 02, 2015, 11:48:14 PM ---Yes, there is this persistent and annoying small town mentality in which your high school affiliation seems to follow you for the rest of your life.  Probably due to the fact that this is a working class community with few people who attend college.  I enjoy watching high school football, but I care only about local kids who come to YSU.

--- End quote ---

My sentiments exactly.

ScarletRook:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 02, 2015, 11:48:14 PM ---Yes, there is this persistent and annoying small town mentality in which your high school affiliation seems to follow you for the rest of your life.  Probably due to the fact that this is a working class community with few people who attend college.  I enjoy watching high school football, but I care only about local kids who come to YSU.

--- End quote ---

Wick:
I see it as high schools touting the success of their student athletes to get publicity much as universities use football to sell themselves.  The kids shouldn't be denied their chance in the sun. That part doesn't bother me, but I wish the newspapers focused more on the local area and YSU.  The local media could do wonders to promote attendance at YSU games.

edpuskas:
How dare that kid pick another school to attend. We should never write anything about them after they graduate high school if they don't go to YSU. The heck with them.

Yeah, that makes sense.

The YO Show:
I have to ask edpuskas, are you the same as the person by that name who works at the vindicator  ;D.

But yeah guys, if they were a local kid, i don't see why they cant get coverage too. Besides, vindy and trib provide the most coverage you are going to see of YSU. I dont think dropping the vindy is the answer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version