YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pissed off with Sunday Sports of Vindy!

<< < (5/7) > >>

paladin:
THIS is why I come here. It is, of course , a complete BS thread and more of the complete hype jobs that proliferate here.  Warning -- I read the Trib, but will sometimes read articles from the Vindy and enjoy reading the Dispatch. Both the Dizzy and Trib run articles of local kids who play elsewhere and not at YSU or Ohio St. They are COVERING their reading area with news of LOCAL kids. Family, friends, classmates and local former opponents enjoy that. I hated reading the old sports writer for the Vindy who was a HOMER first class usually writing about a third rate program, with BS insight and hyping the 4th rate sports dept at YSU.  At least  with Scalzo , you get the truth , decent opinions, minus the hype and generally interesting insight.

Here, of course, the cheerleaders vent their  venom , hype a program 2nd or 3rd class in stature wondering why anyone would watch and follow Ohio St. Reality is in short supply here. 

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: paladin on August 05, 2015, 12:39:19 PM ---At least  with Scalzo , you get the truth , decent opinions, minus the hype and generally interesting insight.

--- End quote ---

Scalzo vigorously defended Strollo after Wolford's firing.

He's either clueless or gutless.

Everything he reports I read with suspicion.

JP21:
Ed, I think the concern over the story isn't the story itself that angers some posters on this board.  I believe it's the local attitude of High School football always trumping YSU football that irritates people.  Every night  for the past two weeks some of the local media have been outlining area high school football teams, team by team.  How about instead break down all the transfers that are scheduled to report to camp and the impact they can make at YSU since there is so much "hype" of Pelini returning to coach the Penguins.  Instead of hearing about the offensive tackle from Labrae, it's just awful.  High school football use to be a huge event but seeing as though local schools are struggling to get kids on the team, the question I must ask is how important is high school football then?

edpuskas:

--- Quote from: JP21 on August 05, 2015, 04:32:17 PM ---Ed, I think the concern over the story isn't the story itself that angers some posters on this board.  I believe it's the local attitude of High School football always trumping YSU football that irritates people.  Every night  for the past two weeks some of the local media have been outlining area high school football teams, team by team.  How about instead break down all the transfers that are scheduled to report to camp and the impact they can make at YSU since there is so much "hype" of Pelini returning to coach the Penguins.  Instead of hearing about the offensive tackle from Labrae, it's just awful.  High school football use to be a huge event but seeing as though local schools are struggling to get kids on the team, the question I must ask is how important is high school football then?

--- End quote ---

Fair enough, JP. I think you're mainly referring to the TV stations. To be fair, they pretty much have to spread out their previews over a period of weeks because of the number of teams and their limited time within each newscast. We're able to put our prep football stuff in two print products and online, so it may not seem as omnipresent.

I think you will find that we'll provide plenty of solid, informative YSU coverage with camp opening this week. In the next couple of weeks, most of our prep stuff will be done behind the scenes as we prepare to roll out the Blitz preview and Faces of Football sections and get the online stuff together.

JP21:
I know the Vindy has had some great articles about YSU the past few weeks.  As far as local TV coverage it's pathetic.  Still breaking down high school teams and we are a week and a half away from the season and there is no coverage of the football team, it's pathetic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version