YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Thoughts on Ways to Engage Students and Fanbase?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Wick250:
Be careful 0505. ;)  In some quarters, criticism of athletic department personnel, even if obviously incompetent, brands you as a traitor.

Seriously, athletic marketing would be very easy to improve.  The example lies in what Tressel is doing on the academic side.  Confronted with an under-performing admissions office, he outsourced student recruitment to a private organization for a set fee.  We will know in about a month how that has worked, but preliminary data is encouraging.  Just remove all the ticket sales/marketing positions and contract with a professional management group.  Pay them a set fee and a percentage of every ticket sold.  Injecting capitalism into the enterprise, you would see experts marketing aggressively.  The university would also save a bundle on salaries, pension contributions, and expensive benefits to people who now receive lucrative compensation to preside over an empty gym and a partially filled stadium.

The YO Show:
From what i hear, they are trying to get students involved in the motivation of other students with an organization similar to a fan club. Saw tweets about it.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Free autograph session and bobble head giveaway to the first 20,630 fans with Bo Pelini and Nebraska A.D. Shawn Eichorst to be held each home game at halftime 

JP21:
I think the biggest thing that needs to happen is getting more students to the games.  This can be done by changing the view of what YSU is.  YSU has always been known as a commuter school.  Increase attendance at the games by increasing the amount of students living on campus, which is what YSU is doing hence more apartments next to Charlie Staples.  Most of the student base drives to school daily and leaves and goes home.  This needs to change in my opinion and I believe slowly but surely it is happening.  YSU will always be a commuter school but they can increase student involvement by changing the perception of the school.

ELPENGUIN:
Two disloyal members to the YSU cause are YSU 0505 and Wick 250. It is amazing the rhetoric that comes out of these two.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version