YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Thoughts on Ways to Engage Students and Fanbase?

<< < (9/11) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Karl Hungus on August 04, 2015, 01:43:55 PM ---I would prefer the firewowks on the field with YSU winning some important home games. :)

--- End quote ---

Most folks may like them but I hate fireworks, glad they stopped them.

Wick250:
Fireworks were very popular (and so are night games.)  But here is the problem.  There is no place to shoot them off and have fans view them while sitting in the west stands.  They used to launch the fireworks from the infield of the old track, the current home of the Watts.  Once, probably while the Watts was being constructed, they shot them off from the tennis courts, but that is way too close to Fedor Hall and even Beeghly. 

Here is one suggestion.  Launch the fireworks from the vacant land between Ford and Belmont.  The spot where they have the homecoming bonfire.  You could watch them from the tailgate lot or by hanging around outside the stadium. 

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on August 04, 2015, 09:45:27 PM ---Fireworks were very popular (and so are night games.)  But here is the problem.  There is no place to shoot them off and have fans view them while sitting in the west stands.  They used to launch the fireworks from the infield of the old track, the current home of the Watts.  Once, probably while the Watts was being constructed, they shot them off from the tennis courts, but that is way too close to Fedor Hall and even Beeghly. 

Here is one suggestion.  Launch the fireworks from the vacant land between Ford and Belmont.  The spot where they have the homecoming bonfire.  You could watch them from the tailgate lot or by hanging around outside the stadium.

--- End quote ---

Does YSU own that land? Wonder if they have to pay to use it.

JP21:
Speaking of the sound system.  I remember when I was a little kid going to games and they had two giant speakers on the YSU sideline pointed up towards the stands and that was the sound system.

IAA Fan:
Did someone say "fly-over"? We have have all seen it, we know it is awesome. I say (if possible) do it on the opener, the veteran's day game (which is always televised as part of the MVFC network) and when we happen to get a home play-off game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version