YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Thoughts on Ways to Engage Students and Fanbase?

<< < (3/11) > >>

Wick250:
Yes Elpenguin, you nailed it.  I am disloyal to Youngstown State University.  Plenty of evidence to support that.  After all, I have only attended every home football game since 1974.  I attend more YSU athletic events, revenue and Olympic, men and women, than ANY OTHER fan.  But I am disloyal because I do not kneel down and pay homage to a mediocre athletic director and the incompetent shills that adorn the athletic offices.  I am disloyal because I hate the empty gym and the half-filled football stadium.  I am disloyal because I insist that YSU fans deserve better....much better.  Yes, I am disloyal, and by their absence at our sporting events, apparently the majority of people in the Mahoning Valley share my heresy.

Penguin Nation:
I am disappointed that I did not make El Penguin's disloyal list.

I also take issue with Wick's branding of our AD as "mediocre."  Mediocre would be a legendary football school have 3-4 playoff appearances in 15 years...not one.  Mediocre would be realizing the catastrophe that is MBB and not renewing the HC's contract and forcing the program to languish another season.  Mediocre would not be a winless season for WBB under Martin or Hill...not only winless....but most games were curb stompings.

The french fries at Wendy's are mediocre.....our AD's ineptitude is epic and legendary. 

IAA Fan:
Being accused of being disloyal is not something to joke about, it is the perception that other posters have of all of you. When you say lots of good things (including those that are constructive) then people will pay more attention to the items that you dislike about the program. For example Wick ...make your comment without the rhetorical preamble; your privatization comment is great. That exact thing was a big part of the old SW Conference & caused a lot of trouble ...and exposed a lot of issues. Yet no one even cares because of your additional commentary. I used to work in the butchers shop at Value King. Here is how my boss used to say it. It is like having a great side of beef. Until I (he, the butcher) get it; it is not a great cut of beef. Somebody has to cut through all the fat before the customer gets it.

Look at JP21, he makes a great comment about needing to be the students out. Let's talk about that as well.

ysufan0505:
LOL disloyal??? I've been to almost every single home football, mens and women's basketball games in the last 5 years since I finished school, so no that's the last thing I am. But what I am, is a proud alumni and fan and will continue to criticize the marketing department because they are incompetent at what they do and do not help promote MY school at all. Hence why this thread was created because if the marketing department was doing their job correctly, we would not be discussing this. So call me disloyal, that's your personal opinion. GO GUINS!!!

FOOTBALLFEVER:
In all seriousness I wish I had more answers on how to get more people to Stambaugh stadium. It's one of the nicest F.C.S. facilities in the nation with a tremendous in game day experience. Y.S.U. Fans should take great pride in what they have there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version