YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MVFC Non-Conference Schedule Comparison

<< < (2/5) > >>

ysufan0505:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on July 25, 2015, 04:34:13 PM ---A home and home with an OVC team would be better then this.  At least it's not another Valpo.

Giving up a home game is worth beating Can't or Akron in their house, and prove to future recruits who the best team in NEO is.  Can't is paying Howard $300K to play in Can't.  It would be a bonanza for YSU to prove its domination and also collect a pile of cash. 

FWIW, IMO the G5 is going to be demoted to FCS status in the August NCAA meetings.  Hopefully this will re-open the door to these regional rivals.

--- End quote ---

Kent and Akron will never schedule YSU. Just won't happen.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on July 25, 2015, 03:46:23 PM --- Today the MVFC ranks higher than the MAC in most if not all statistical models.  As far as I am concerned, as long as MAC teams refuse to play home-and-home, they can shove it.

--- End quote ---

I second that

Penguin Nation:
The loge folks are holding the schedule hostage? Someone tell them that in exchange for one 1-AAA home game every two years....we get a more impressive resume...which may lead to annual playoff home games.....

penguinpower:
Bottom line.....our OOC schedule sucks outside of Pitt.  Something should be done about it.

Penguin Nation:
In MBB, YSU has had a feeble OOC schedule.  I suspect for the same reasons for the feeble OOC FB schedule...to create the illusion of a winning D1 program.  We can safely say it has been tried and it doesn't work.  The fans aren't fooled, and neither are tournament/playoff selection committees.

It seems that our slow learning AD has finally realized this....in MBB anyway.  In MBB this year, we host Toledo, and travel to Notre dame, Purdue, Michigan, Kent, and Bowling Green.

Hopefully, FB will follow this trend.  IMO, it is ridiculous to have a BIG HC, transfers from the SEC and BIG, and field them against partial scholly schools for 2/3 OOC games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version