YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Akron Zips FB program

<< < (2/10) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on June 29, 2015, 10:53:09 PM ---
When I used to go to the Rubber Bowl, we used to joke that it was a home game. Nothing but red and white filling the stands cheering loudly for the Penguins.

--- End quote ---

Yep I agree

Wick250:
Those of us who have followed northeastern Ohio college football for many years are not surprised by any revelations in that article.  We knew that the attendance numbers at Akron and Kent were fraudulent.  We now know the exact expensive procedure that Akron concocts in their misguided quest to be considered big time.

Akron might be the most distressed public university in America.  Driven by their delusions of grandeur, they borrowed millions upon millions to construct a campus for 30,000 students.  The result: the iron law of northeastern Ohio demographics caught up with them as their enrollment declined by 5,000 within a few years.  Don't you just love that one figure in the article?  Akron pays 4.3 million in debt service each year on their stadium that sits virtually empty. And that is just the tip of their financial iceberg.  Could not happen to a more deserving bunch of snobs.

coachtress:
The University of Akron just announced as part of major budget cuts, they are cutting their baseball program.

Wick250:
Yes, Akron baseball is finished.  Worse, the school is cutting 215 positions and reducing their budget by $40 million.  Meanwhile, under Tressel, YSU has reduced its total deficit from $10 million to $3 million in a single year.  For perspective, the total deficit at YSU is now LESS than the yearly debt service that Akron is paying on their empty new football stadium. 

ysuseasonticket:

--- Quote from: coachtress on July 10, 2015, 05:22:46 PM ---The University of Akron just announced as part of major budget cuts, they are cutting their baseball program.

--- End quote ---

Why am I not feeling sorry for them  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version