YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Akron Zips FB program

<< < (9/10) > >>

Penguin Nation:
From the Vindy:

http://www.vindy.com/news/2015/jul/18/colleges-akrons-loss-may-result-in-gains/

Glad to see YSU baseball seizing the opportunity that Akron presented.

Regarding FB, I understand Akron spends $8M annually, and YSU half that....so the cost savings of Akron dropping to the FCS are huge and obvious......but is the $4M annual debt service from building the InfoCision included in that?  I doubt it, but if so....they would see no budget cuts dropping to FCS....and may as well continue to languish in the money pit known as G5 football.

DavedS:

--- Quote from: guinpen on July 17, 2015, 10:00:39 PM ---1AA, I just read your two excellent posts on AGS. Problem is that you were talking over most of their heads. The buffalo's all think that they are the second coming, and from the way the purple panthers talk you would think that they had won numerous NC instead of just ......, wait they have not won any.

They both play in barns, what else can you say

--- End quote ---
Those purple panthers probably have a lot of rags flying in their tent--they've made the playoffs 18 times in what is now FCS but have never won a title--but sure act like they did. ;D

IAA Fan:
I was going to ding them again for having a stadium roof made by "Whamo" ...but since it is no longer inflatable; I let it slide.   :)

Anybody else remember the 1992 play-off game when the roof came down? Good game & a real good UNI team.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: DavedS on July 19, 2015, 10:52:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: guinpen on July 17, 2015, 10:00:39 PM ---1AA, I just read your two excellent posts on AGS. Problem is that you were talking over most of their heads. The buffalo's all think that they are the second coming, and from the way the purple panthers talk you would think that they had won numerous NC instead of just ......, wait they have not won any.

They both play in barns, what else can you say

--- End quote ---
Those purple panthers probably have a lot of rags flying in their tent--they've made the playoffs 18 times in what is now FCS but have never won a title--but sure act like they did. ;D

--- End quote ---

I almost, but not quite, feel bad for them. They have had a decent program over the years, but they are the biggest choke in 1AA history. They have an odd obsession with YSU but I guess that the closest thing they think they have is a good record against someone that has won the big game.

The YO Show:
Well, they remind me of YSU in a way. Like, they beat NDSU and Illinois State last year and went 7-5. Reminds me of YSU under Wolford, win a big game but not be consistent enough.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version