YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Akron Zips FB program

<< < (8/10) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 15, 2015, 02:37:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 15, 2015, 02:22:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 15, 2015, 12:37:56 PM ---1-AA "The MVC will announce the acceptance of Kent two seconds after they announce they are leaving the MAC."

Truer words were never spoken (posted).  Akron and Kent would set MVC for "East" and "West" divisions and cut down some Dakota travel at least every other year.  Pluse add a couple "drive to" away games.  Would be great to see!
Hope you are right 1-AA!

--- End quote ---

I think the MVC will want Kent, because of baseball and obvious men's basketball strength. Akron needs to try and capitalize on the soccer title before it is too late to get into another conference, but I do not see the MVC accepting them on that measure alone. Kent could negotiate acceptance of Akron into the MVC. I do not see the MVFC wanting either school.

--- End quote ---
1-AA I have a ton of respect for your opinions, but this post has be completely lost.  You think a conference that has the likes of Indiana State, Missouri State and Western Illinios would turn there nose up at two MAC schools?  Especially when is raises the home and home rivalies that Kent Akron and YSU would add?  (And seriously, do you think soccer would help any school get in any conference in the US?  This is the US, we don't give a damn for soccer!)   

--- End quote ---

I think you are confusing my "MVC", with my "MVFC" comments. The MVFC does not care about YSU, so why would they care about adding any rivalry team such as Akron. The MVC is driven by basketball ...as I said they would take Kent in 2-seconds & Akron only if Kent negotiates it.  I do not see either team leaving the MAC any time soon.

guinpen:
First a little gloating, he he ha ha I love it could not happen to a more deserving bunch.

Kind of ironic that the zits were one of the reasons that YSU was not accepted into the mac and had YSU been in the mac there would have been a sizable increase of butts in the seats at least once every two years. Maybe not enough to save their butts but it sure would have helped.

I have been saying for years that it was only a matter of time until many of the mac schools would leave the fbs. Not sure if they will come to fcs or if a new division made up of top tier fcs and lower tier fbs. Their pride will dictate that it may not happen soon but make no mistake it will happen.

If it is just akron then maybe they could end up in our two leagues, but I think they have soccer so that may affect things. If Kent is smart they would do the same, it would make it possible to create a two division football league and save us from some of those crazy trips.

guinpen:
Just read a thread about the akron fb program over on csnbbs, let's just say that their fans are in denial.   

YSUGO:
Maybe the MAC someday will just drop down to our division. 

guinpen:
1AA, I just read your two excellent posts on AGS. Problem is that you were talking over most of their heads. The buffalo's all think that they are the second coming, and from the way the purple panthers talk you would think that they had won numerous NC instead of just ......, wait they have not won any.

They both play in barns, what else can you say

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version