YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Akron Zips FB program

<< < (7/10) > >>

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 15, 2015, 12:37:56 PM ---1-AA "The MVC will announce the acceptance of Kent two seconds after they announce they are leaving the MAC."

Truer words were never spoken (posted).  Akron and Kent would set MVC for "East" and "West" divisions and cut down some Dakota travel at least every other year.  Pluse add a couple "drive to" away games.  Would be great to see!
Hope you are right 1-AA!

--- End quote ---

I think the MVC will want Kent, because of baseball and obvious men's basketball strength. Akron needs to try and capitalize on the soccer title before it is too late to get into another conference, but I do not see the MVC accepting them on that measure alone. Kent could negotiate acceptance of Akron into the MVC. I do not see the MVFC wanting either school.

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 15, 2015, 02:22:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 15, 2015, 12:37:56 PM ---1-AA "The MVC will announce the acceptance of Kent two seconds after they announce they are leaving the MAC."

Truer words were never spoken (posted).  Akron and Kent would set MVC for "East" and "West" divisions and cut down some Dakota travel at least every other year.  Pluse add a couple "drive to" away games.  Would be great to see!
Hope you are right 1-AA!

--- End quote ---

I think the MVC will want Kent, because of baseball and obvious men's basketball strength. Akron needs to try and capitalize on the soccer title before it is too late to get into another conference, but I do not see the MVC accepting them on that measure alone. Kent could negotiate acceptance of Akron into the MVC. I do not see the MVFC wanting either school.

--- End quote ---
1-AA I have a ton of respect for your opinions, but this post has be completely lost.  You think a conference that has the likes of Indiana State, Missouri State and Western Illinios would turn there nose up at two MAC schools?  Especially when is raises the home and home rivalies that Kent Akron and YSU would add?  (And seriously, do you think soccer would help any school get in any conference in the US?  This is the US, we don't give a damn for soccer!)   

Double ET:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 15, 2015, 02:22:58 PM ---

Hope you are right 1-AA!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Is Kent is better shape financially than Akron since Kent did not build a new stadium? If Kent is in better financial shape, I do not see them going 1AA since Kent has a much larger enrollment size than most MAC schools and is not a commuter school. Financially speaking. if Kent cannot make it in MAC, how could Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan stay in?

go guins:
I wouldn't spend too much time worrying about how these schools are doing financially.  The Kent endowment is 109+ Million and Akron, despite the stadium is about the same as YSU at 206 Million.  YSU spends about 6% on athletics and I assume the others are similar, so although "not nothing" it is manageable within the system.  More important is being completive at the level they chose to compete nationally.  You can’t recruit for 3-10 every year.  Look at the problems recruiting YSU basketball has, building on what can best be described as marginal success.

ysufan0505:
From all these talks, might as well just destroy the MAC lol. Ball state and Eastern Michigan are laughing stocks in football as well. Everybody move down, yay!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version