YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Akron Zips FB program

<< < (3/10) > >>

guinpen:

--- Quote from: ysuseasonticket on July 10, 2015, 06:52:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: coachtress on July 10, 2015, 05:22:46 PM ---The University of Akron just announced as part of major budget cuts, they are cutting their baseball program.

--- End quote ---

Why am I not feeling sorry for them  ;D

--- End quote ---

Because you're a Guin

Penguin Nation:
Funny tweet from an Akron fan:

"This would not have happened under President Tressel (or Mayor Zac Jackson)"

http://www.cleveland.com/akron/index.ssf/2015/07/university_of_akron_students_f.html

I wonder how this affects Akron's relationship with the MAC.  I believe they will be the only MAC school w/o a baseball program.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: guinpen on July 10, 2015, 10:16:16 PM ---
--- Quote from: ysuseasonticket on July 10, 2015, 06:52:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: coachtress on July 10, 2015, 05:22:46 PM ---The University of Akron just announced as part of major budget cuts, they are cutting their baseball program.

--- End quote ---

Why am I not feeling sorry for them  ;D

--- End quote ---

Because you're a Guin

--- End quote ---

And the Zits suck

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on July 10, 2015, 10:42:56 PM ---Funny tweet from an Akron fan:

"This would not have happened under President Tressel (or Mayor Zac Jackson)"

http://www.cleveland.com/akron/index.ssf/2015/07/university_of_akron_students_f.html

I wonder how this affects Akron's relationship with the MAC.  I believe they will be the only MAC school w/o a baseball program.

--- End quote ---

If that is the case, then the answer is "no".  The MAC will still qualify for the NCAA post-season. With the success of Kent, baseball in the MAC has become very expensive. I see several other teams dropping baseball as well.

ysufan0505:
Problem is, Akron spent all that money to build that football stadium because the rubber bowl was falling apart, and now they are one of the worst D-1 football programs in the nation lol. That program makes no revenue whatsoever and that stadium never hosts any other events besides football games. It's a shame.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version