YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to YSU Season Opener!

<< < (14/52) > >>

penguinpower:
Tressel was the best hire in I-AA/FCS history.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on July 11, 2015, 03:53:44 AM ---Tressel was the best hire in I-AA/FCS history.

--- End quote ---

I don't know Power ...I can show you several people that did not want to hire him and his initial success was certainly lacking. Tressel wound up becoming the great coach that he now is, but that took about 4 years. When I say that coach P is the best hire ever, I mean because of his resume. The guy could go just about anywhere.

The YO Show:
56 Days

paladin:
Get your shots in now guys. But remember, this is an ongoing chat and we'll soon see what lies ahead as well as over  the  few years. I don't expect the local good old boys to say anything but glowing remarks about the local good old boys they have put in charge ( AD & coach). This site is full of good old boys. We'll talk again. I'll be back.  ;D ;D ;D

ScarletRook:
paladin:

I try to read your posts for the information you do have, but I would like to know who and what you think Youngstown State could do better.  Not so much be careful what you wish for, but honestly - getting rid of someone is great ONLY if you can replace them with someone better.  Would Pelini be OK if he wasn't from Youngstown?  Who were they going to get that would be better?  An "up and coming" young coach doesn't always pan out either.  With the financial situation at YSU, the problems with ACE and the developing situation with Div I sports, I am not seeing how Youngstown, or many other teams similar, are attractive to great coaches.

Yes, the system seems nearly broken, but the continual pissing matches aren't fixing anything.  What exactly are fans supposed to do to?  Not to be disrespectful, but it doesn't take a genius to stand waist deep in water to figure out the ship is sinking.  Now to plug the holes and right the ship would be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version