YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to YSU Season Opener!

<< < (10/52) > >>

The YO Show:
Well, I agree with you, and I think thats been the most painful part. Knowing  the team had the ability to make it every year and it wouldnt due to some sort of collapse really hurt the fanbase. Obviously their was alot of unlucky bounces, but people can rightfully place blame on the coach (wolford) to some extent. Part of what makes having pelini back so exciting is that wolf did leave the team with alot of talent (he was an excellent recruiter). But its not just the wolford drought to the fanbase. It goes back to the 90s. Also while I think wolford could have made the playoffs, I still think we are better off with our current coaching situation.
But you're right, alot of people are desparate for YSU to be "good again" when in reality ysu was good, and what we really seek is greatness

paladin:
I see the hype machine is in full bloom in July.  ;D ;D ;D

Soon....................... soon, you will see. But hold that thought and continue with the hype. I love it for what it sets up for....................................

ysufan0505:
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaack!

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysufan0505 on July 08, 2015, 01:40:42 PM ---Heeeeeeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaack!

--- End quote ---
Good ol' Paladin. The word LOSER comes immediately to mind, doesn't it?
Remember, he who laughs last laughs best! 
Back to YO Shows thoughts above.  I don’t agree in your assessment of bad bounces and bad luck.  You make your own breaks and luck.  Remember the line frequently (albeit incorrectly) credited to golfer Gary Player, "the harder I practice the luckier I get."  I think Wolford did a good job on the O line, WR and QB, but the D was pretty much ignored and cost us a lot of games.  I also think they weren't in good enough shape to compete at the MVC level. 
Hopefully Pelini and his staff have them “coached up” and “trained up” for the season.  Remember, some polls have 5 MVC teams in the top 10 so a winning season may never be harder than 2015.  We could go 9-3 and make the playoffs, but it is also possible to go 3-9.   I see us as underdogs at Pitt, Ill St. SDSU, NDSU and probably Ind.  St. coming off NDSU.

The YO Show:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 08, 2015, 09:22:33 AM ---
--- Quote from: The YO Show on July 07, 2015, 06:45:02 PM ---I didn't mean changing the uniform actually will change their play, but I was saying the ingredients for greatness are there, and the changing of the uniform (facemasks), means that they will be changing the mindset and perception of the team.

--- End quote ---

"I didn't mean changing the uniform actually will change their play”  Of course, I know that, but apparently we are more desperate following the Wolford malaise than I thought.  One touchdown in the right place each of the last 2 seasons and we would have made the playoffs the last 2 years, so it wasn't anything like a disaster.   We just “suffer” with the memories of all those great Tressel teams! 

--- End quote ---

When you said that, I assumed you were saying they got unlucky and it wasnt his fault since you said it wasnt anything like a disaster. But while I do personally put blame on our end of season collapses on the coaching, I agree not everything was so bad under wolford. On a sidenote, I hope Pelini does better against ranked teams in the fcs than he did at Nebraska considering so many MVC teams are ranked! I think he will though.

Also, Paladin, I hope you wouldnt mind clarifying this for me, you do want to see YSU do well right? Youre just cynical that they will?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version